inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Calling All Debbie Gibson Fans

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/13/05 at 1:37 pm

Log on to her website on:

http://www.deb-ski.com/

Subject: Re: Calling All Debbie Gibson Fans

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/13/05 at 1:44 pm

Log on to her website on:

http://www.deb-ski.com/

Interesting, from the home page!

On 29 January 2005, it was officially confirmed that Deborah Gibson would appear in a photo shoot in Playboy.  If you wish to comment on it, you can use the guestbook.  If you want to discuss it with other Deborah fans, then could you please use the forum as that's what it's for.  Thank you.

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/13/05 at 5:09 pm

She's good for teen pop :)

Written By: woops on 03/13/05 at 10:43 pm

I also write on that messageboard. As "Electric Youth"  8)

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/14/05 at 12:30 am

She's good for teen pop :)

But she's not a Teen Idol anymore. She's moved on since then as she has obviously grown up. If she was to release another single/album then I think she will relate to a more adult audience then to a teen audience.

Written By: Arvig on 03/14/05 at 4:27 am

From what I understand, I think she has released an album or two as an adult, and the aim has been toward more of an audience as her current age.  Haven't heard the songs, other then part of one briefly on I think a "Where Are they Now" segment on VH-1.  Did hear she was doing a lot of acting on Broadway though, I think she was in a play adaptation of Disney's "Beauty & The Beast" as Belle, did one of the major characters for a running of "Grease" and want to say one other play.

Here's a link on the IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0316933/

Actually did a double-take when I saw that one, made sure I had the right link...IMO the photo they used for her entry does not look like her...but yes, that's the right entry, the text looks accurate anyway.

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 3:52 pm

I found some fake nude pics of her but I know that she wouldn't go to that extreme.

Howard

Written By: Arvig on 03/14/05 at 4:28 pm

Said this on another post but without trying to look for them I stumbled into some of what was probably the shots from the Playboy shoot, and if it's the fakes I saw, no they weren't anywhere near as extreme as the fakes.  In fact, the two fakes I saw were on the site linked by the starter of this thread...which IMO is odd, the same site also has an open letter by the author complaining about Debbie being in Playboy...no problem with his opinion of her shoot in Playboy, just find it odd he'd complain, yet have no problem hosting fake nudes on his website...

Written By: woops on 04/06/05 at 11:39 pm

From what I understand, I think she has released an album or two as an adult, and the aim has been toward more of an audience as her current age.  Haven't heard the songs, other then part of one briefly on I think a "Where Are they Now" segment on VH-1.  Did hear she was doing a lot of acting on Broadway though, I think she was in a play adaptation of Disney's "Beauty & The Beast" as Belle, did one of the major characters for a running of "Grease" and want to say one other play.

Here's a link on the IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0316933/

Actually did a double-take when I saw that one, made sure I had the right link...IMO the photo they used for her entry does not look like her...but yes, that's the right entry, the text looks accurate anyway.

The picture from the IMDB is also the pic on the cover of her "Memory Lane Vol. 1" CD, but with the lettering airbrushed out.  :)

I reccomend her albums, after her "Electric Youth" fizzled with  "Body Mind Soul"...which is a fairly good album,  "Think With Your Heart", "Deborah", "M.Y.O.B.", "Colored Lights", and "Memory Lane Vol. 1." (only available on her site).  :)

Written By: woops on 08/31/05 at 1:01 am

>BUMP<

I like to bump a Debbie Gibson thread

Check for new replies or respond here...