inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Leonard, Part 6 coming soon to DVD!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/13/05 at 5:33 pm

The classic movie "Leonard, Part 6" will coming to DVD, April 26, 2005, avialable soon... Mac and Me on April 12, 2005.

I can't hardly wait!  ::)

http://shopping.msn.com/eshopframe.aspx?merchId=2412&catId=0&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fexec%2fobidos%2fexternal-search%3ftag%3dmsn-musicfo%26keyword%3dLeonard%2c+Part+6%26mode%3ddvd

http://shopping.msn.com/eshopframe.aspx?merchId=2412&catId=0&u=http%3a%2f%2fwww.amazon.com%2fexec%2fobidos%2fexternal-search%3ftag%3dmsn-musicfo%26keyword%3dLeonard%2c+Part+6%26mode%3ddvd

Subject: Re: Leonard, Part 6 coming soon to DVD!

Written By: Xonnie316 on 03/13/05 at 5:36 pm

Nice to hear Leonard, Part 6 is coming to dvd,

But Mac and Me wohooo !

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 4:00 pm

What ever happened to Parts 1,2,3,4 & 5? ???

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/14/05 at 4:41 pm

What ever happened to Parts 1,2,3,4 & 5? ???

Howard

The joke is that they never got made! Thankfully....  ::)  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 4:52 pm

The joke is that they never got made! Thankfully....  ::)  ;D

So what was the Part 6 about? ::)

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/14/05 at 5:02 pm

Howard

Bill Cosby played a secret agent (who wears ballerina slippers in one scene) who has to save the world from an evil mad woman, who wants to take the world.

One scene involves an ostrich.....  ::)

Think Austin Powers... but less funny.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/14/05 at 6:57 pm

Bill Cosby played a secret agent (who wears ballerina slippers in one scene) who has to save the world from an evil mad woman, who wants to take the world.

One scene involves an ostrich.....  ::)

Think Austin Powers... but less funny.  ;D

That was the most dumbest movie he's ever made. ::)

Howard

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/14/05 at 9:16 pm

That was the most dumbest movie he's ever made. ::)

Howard

Who... Mike Myers or Bill Cosby?  ::)

Written By: Arvig on 03/15/05 at 1:03 am

Howard

Roughly 90 minutes of wasted celluloid.  ;)

I remember actually being foolish enough to go to the theatres when that was first run with my best friend at the time, Kerry.  We ended up having a HUGE popcorn fight in the theatre...it was empty except for a couple teenyboppers necking way in the back row, guess 15 year olds will make out to even the worst of films.  ;)

That or they intentionally picked a bad film, figuring they would have enough privacy...good choice that time, other then me and my friend intentionally trashing the theatre via a popcorn fight, it was empty.

Oh...had huge amounts of product placements, only one I remember offhand was a Coke bottle, older style glass one placed SMACK dab in the foreground, I think they pretty much filmed through the stupid thing for a scene.

Okay, remember one scene quite clearly.  They try to make fun of the stereotypical evil spy villian death trap scene.  Well, the evil villian was going to conqueror the world via controlling animals...I think...so she locked Leonard (Bill Cosby) and his kind of sort of love interest/damsel in distress (whatever woman played that role and possibly has no career now due to it) into a room with...lobsters.  Yes, lobsters.  Guess the death trap was that the lobsters didn't have any rubber bands holding their pincers back, so they were going to slowly pinch the hapless victims to death.  Well, the victims in the film...anyone in the audience not necking or throwing popcorn would be a victim, if anyone else would have shown up.  ;)  So...how do they escape?  Simple.  Leonard had melted butter on them, and him and the damsel in distress/heroine threatened the lobsters with it.

No, I'm not making this up, the man carried butter on his person, I guess just in case he actually is in a death trap involving seafood.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/05 at 4:03 pm

Who... Mike Myers or Bill Cosby?  ::)

Bill Cosby.I thought the film "Himself" he made in 1983 was very funny. ;D

Howard

Check for new replies or respond here...