inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm Sick of Debbie!!!

Written By: woops on 03/13/05 at 10:46 pm

No, not the '80's pop diva.

I can't stand Debbie Deb.

IMO, her voice sounded too robotic and her two hits sounds exactly the same.  ::)  :P

Subject: Re: I'm Sick of Debbie!!!

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/14/05 at 12:30 am

No, not the '80's pop diva.

I can't stand Debbie Deb.

IMO, her voice sounded too robotic and her two hits sounds exactly the same.  ::)  :P

I think her music is pretty good. She was on the Latin Freestyle scene.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/14/05 at 10:47 am

She was a member of the Freestyle scene. She was good for what the genre was, though. She fit the time.

Tanya

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/15/05 at 9:00 am

She was a member of the Freestyle scene. She was good for what the genre was, though. She fit the time.

Tanya

I just love her music

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/15/05 at 5:18 pm

Can someone tell me exactly what Freestyle is (I'm assuming you don't mean Rap)

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/16/05 at 3:04 am

Where are you from? I take it your not from the US. I'm not from the US, but I know what Latin Freestyle is.

It's a form of dance music. Check out the tower records website and you can hear samples. The address is:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1694632

Written By: Full_House_Fan on 03/16/05 at 6:48 pm

Where are you from? I take it your not from the US. I'm not from the US, but I know what Latin Freestyle is.

It's a form of dance music. Check out the tower records website and you can hear samples. The address is:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1694632

I'm American :)  But I see now.  Is it like Freestyle rap only with Latino music, that is music off the top of your head?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/17/05 at 3:39 am

I'm American :)  But I see now.  Is it like Freestyle rap only with Latino music, that is music off the top of your head?

Did you go to my link and did you listen to the samples that were on that album? I think it's brilliant.

Written By: george78 on 03/24/05 at 11:40 am

Freestyle is a form of dance music that came out of the New York club scene in the early 80s. The Miami dance sound also heavily influenced the genre. At that time, many called it Latin Hip Hop, then it became known as Freestyle. The reason "Latin" is thrown in there is because many of Freestyle's artists are Hispanic. Freestyle isn't necessarily hip hop though. Freestyle was never really mainstream. Many urban radio stations in cities like NYC, Chicago, Miami heavily played Freestyle music in the late 80s and early 90s. It was around that time that some artists made a crossover to mainstream.

Written By: beezy on 03/27/05 at 11:37 am

dude you suck debbie is way better then you'll ever be...even my kids love debbie...

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/05 at 11:38 am

dude you suck debbie is way better then you'll ever be...even my kids love debbie...
Debbie who?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/27/05 at 1:29 pm

Debbie who?

A singer called Debbie Deb. She was around in the Latin Freestyle era which was dance music from America in the late 80's/early 90's. That form of dance music was massive over there, but it didn't seem to kick off over here  :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/05 at 1:30 pm

A singer called Debbie Deb. She was around in the Latin Freestyle era which was dance music from America in the late 80's/early 90's. That form of dance music was massive over there, but it didn't seem to kick off over here  :(
Not Debbie Gibson then?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/27/05 at 1:30 pm

Do you hate her too Beezy because I thought she was brilliant. I'm from the UK and not many have heard of her. In fact, I don't anyone from the UK have heard of her apart from me.

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/27/05 at 1:31 pm

Not Debbie Gibson then?

No. Not Debbie Gibson

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/27/05 at 1:36 pm

No. Not Debbie Gibson
Thanks, as I know nothing of this Debbie, I will only read this thread from here on.

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/27/05 at 1:40 pm

Thanks, as I know nothing of this Debbie, I will only read this thread from here on.

I think your not the only one mate. I think the only Debbie that people have heard of is Debbie Gibson and not Debbie Deb. Glad to be of help and I hope that information I gave you was of help :)

Written By: Alana on 04/02/05 at 11:23 pm

The two Debbie Deb songs did sound like each other and the vocals sound like Debbie Gibson's! Then there is that overdone Pebbles song "Girlfriend", I heard that song about close to 5 times on one TV show and I CANNOT stand that song! Someone should tell her to get over that guy! >:(

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/05 at 1:48 am

I think your not the only one mate. I think the only Debbie that people have heard of is Debbie Gibson and not Debbie Deb. Glad to be of help and I hope that information I gave you was of help :)
Could it had been Debbie Harry?

Check for new replies or respond here...