inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: table-top, shuffleboard-style game. name?

Written By: Luke on 03/14/05 at 11:16 am

I'm trying to remember the name of these toys. My brain is grouping them together with Spinjas so maybe they came out around the same time or just prior. The object of the game was similar to shuffleboard/curling/bocceball etc.  I remember playing it on table-tops in elementary school. Players would take turns sliding their quarter-sized ball-bearing "pucks" in an attempt to get closest to the table's edge without falling off - or getting knocked off by your opponent.  This is all a waste of time but then again so is purging the bowels of my brain just trying to remember such a trivial tidbit -- there must be some reason I need to know. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Subject: Re: table-top, shuffleboard-style game. name?

Written By: bbigd04 on 03/14/05 at 11:29 am

I'm trying to remember the name of these toys. My brain is grouping them together with Spinjas so maybe they came out around the same time or just prior. The object of the game was similar to shuffleboard/curling/bocceball etc.  I remember playing it on table-tops in elementary school. Players would take turns sliding their quarter-sized ball-bearing "pucks" in an attempt to get closest to the table's edge without falling off - or getting knocked off by your opponent.  This is all a waste of time but then again so is purging the bowels of my brain just trying to remember such a trivial tidbit -- there must be some reason I need to know. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rebound? I have that game, it sounds similiar.

Subject: Re: table-top, shuffleboard-style game. name?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/14/05 at 11:51 am

it's rebound. i had one too, took the bearings out of the pucks to use them as marbles...

Check for new replies or respond here...