inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Favourite AC/DC song of the 80s?

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/17/05 at 5:12 am

"You Shook Me All Night Long" is my choice 8)

Subject: Re: Favourite AC/DC song of the 80s?

Written By: jiminy on 03/17/05 at 5:20 am

Other - Hells Bells
Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap) is a Bon Scott song

Written By: gord on 03/17/05 at 5:29 am

Off your list 'Who Made Who', Bon Scott was the man but I like Brian Johnson too. :)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/17/05 at 10:00 am

Who Made Who?

Written By: Dave Brown on 03/17/05 at 1:13 pm

"You Shook Me All Night Long" is my choice 8)

It's a bit of a pity you missed out "That's The Way I Wanna Rock And Roll". That's a great song. I had to vote for "Heatseeker" another one of my faves.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/17/05 at 3:18 pm

I voted other before I realized that You Shook Me all Night Long was already listed!

Tanya

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/17/05 at 6:18 pm

I also voted for "You Shook Me All Night"! That was probably their biggest hit, and with good reason, it rocks! With just a little of that 80's pop/metal sound.

Off the BACK IN BLACK album, other favorites include "Shoot to Thrill", "Givin' the Dog a Bone" and "What do you do for Money Honey."

I almost picked "Who Made Who" from 1986 and the Stephen King movie Maximum Overdrive. I loved that one the first time I heard it. It's got a great, maybe not "pop" but slightly commercial edge to it - would have loved to hear a full AC album go in this direction.

PS: I also like the Bon Scott era, especially the HIGHWAY TO HELL album. I didn't get into them until 1999 or so, and that was - coincidentally - the first one I bought, just on impulse. Glad I did. :)

Written By: Rodog on 03/17/05 at 7:13 pm

Definitely Back in Black...found memories of being at a slumber party in the sixth grade, in the 80's...

Written By: Dagwood on 03/18/05 at 7:37 pm

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/24/05 at 6:17 pm

I know Dirty Deeds was sung by Bon Scott, but it's still better than anything Brian Johnson sang after Bon's death. ::)

Written By: Robbo on 03/25/05 at 2:43 am

Twas a close call between Back In Black or You Shook Me All Night Long. But I went for Back In Black - my all-time favourite AC/DC song!

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/25/05 at 2:49 am

Who Made Who?

Check for new replies or respond here...