inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's or 90's toy

Written By: Bud on 03/18/05 at 12:14 am

I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me if they remember a toy named Plantsters? It was basically a kid gardening kit. It came with a plastic leaf that you put water in. You took the seeds and placed them on these little flotation frogs that sat in the water making the seeds touch the waters surface. After a few weeks the seeds sprouted roots then you transfered them over to this top soil and minituare flower pot to continue growing. I have searched high and low and cant even find them on the web or on ebay please help!!! Thanks

Subject: Re: 80's or 90's toy

Written By: Johnny on 05/23/05 at 5:51 pm

How it going?  You're not crazy I have pieces of a Plantsters set in front of me right now. I have been looking for it on ebay for replacement parts, and found none. I have 1 green peapod seed starter. 4 orange mini pots, and 1 badly yellowed and crack clear dome. They are stamped PLANSTER tm LJN TOYS, LTD 1988.  

Written By: mcameter on 03/08/06 at 10:45 pm

heck yeah Plantsters were awesome, i cant find anything on the internet either and that makes me sad  ;)

Subject: Re: 80's or 90's toy - 1988 LJN TOY - PLANTSTERS JUNIOR GREENHOUSE

Written By: PATRICIA on 04/27/06 at 12:30 am

THIS IS TOO WEIRD-
I WAS CLEANING OUT SOME OF MY STUFF AND CAME ACROSS THIS TOY THAT I PURCHASED FOR MY SON, WHO WAS BORN IN 1980. 
PURSUANT TO THE BOOKLET I STILL HAVE, IT APPEARS MANUFACTURING OF THE TOY OCCURRED IN 1988, BY LJN TOYS.
I HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO THIS PLANTSTERS GREENHOUSE BUT WANTED TO PURCHASE MORE OF THE AWESOME GROWING SEEDS THEY HAD AVAILABLE. 
THE BOOKLET HAS NO EMAIL ADDRESS BECAUSE THE INTERNET WAS JUST GETTING STARTED RIGHT ABOUT THEN. 
LJN TOYS, SITUATED IN NEW YORK, HAD 800 PHONE NUMBERS INDICATED WITHIN THE BOOKLET. 
IT APPEARS, FROM MY VERY BRIEF INTERNET SEARCH, THAT THIS COMPANY SOLD OUT TO ANOTHER AND I AM NOT SURE IF THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBERS WILL HELP ANYONE IN OBTAINING THIS PRODUCT. 
I WILL CONTINUE TO PURSUE FINDING THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE SEED PACKETS FOR MY GRAND CHILDREN. 
THUS, IF I FIND ANYTHING FURTHER, I WILL UPDATE THIS MESSAGE. 
THE PHONE NUMBERS ARE AS FOLLOWS: 
18005215244 IN NEW YORK STATE AND
18006283579 IN ALL OTHER STATES.

Written By: Travis on 06/30/06 at 6:16 pm

I started a Plantsters website with photos and scans of the instructions.. hope you guys like it. If you have anything to add please email me!

http://plantsters.iwarp.com/

Written By: Kristin on 07/26/06 at 8:15 pm

Oh My Gosh!!!  I loved this "toy"...and have been searching for information for years!!!  I am thrilled to know other people are out there too!!  I hope I can find one somewhere!!!

Subject: Re: 80's or 90's toy - 1988 LJN TOY - PLANTSTERS JUNIOR GREENHOUSE

Written By: ben c on 09/23/09 at 8:16 pm

PATRICIA
u can use any seeds from any store. walmart/etc

THIS IS TOO WEIRD-
I WAS CLEANING OUT SOME OF MY STUFF AND CAME ACROSS THIS TOY THAT I PURCHASED FOR MY SON, WHO WAS BORN IN 1980. 
PURSUANT TO THE BOOKLET I STILL HAVE, IT APPEARS MANUFACTURING OF THE TOY OCCURRED IN 1988, BY LJN TOYS.
I HAVE ALL THE PARTS TO THIS PLANTSTERS GREENHOUSE BUT WANTED TO PURCHASE MORE OF THE AWESOME GROWING SEEDS THEY HAD AVAILABLE. 
THE BOOKLET HAS NO EMAIL ADDRESS BECAUSE THE INTERNET WAS JUST GETTING STARTED RIGHT ABOUT THEN. 
LJN TOYS, SITUATED IN NEW YORK, HAD 800 PHONE NUMBERS INDICATED WITHIN THE BOOKLET.   
IT APPEARS, FROM MY VERY BRIEF INTERNET SEARCH, THAT THIS COMPANY SOLD OUT TO ANOTHER AND I AM NOT SURE IF THE FOLLOWING PHONE NUMBERS WILL HELP ANYONE IN OBTAINING THIS PRODUCT. 
I WILL CONTINUE TO PURSUE FINDING THIS PRODUCT BECAUSE I AM INTERESTED IN PURCHASING THE SEED PACKETS FOR MY GRAND CHILDREN. 
THUS, IF I FIND ANYTHING FURTHER, I WILL UPDATE THIS MESSAGE. 
THE PHONE NUMBERS ARE AS FOLLOWS: 
18005215244 IN NEW YORK STATE AND
18006283579 IN ALL OTHER STATES.

Check for new replies or respond here...