inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any Siouxsie Fans Out There?

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 03/21/05 at 8:30 am

I personally love Siouxsie And The Banshees. They were seriously out there and they had some awesome songs. My favourites were, "The Last Beat Of My Heart", "Melt", "The Passenger", "Dazzle", "Peek-a-boo" and the list goes on and on! Anyone else?
Dee :-*
http://www.thecreatures.com/creatures/img/biography/150/16_T.jpg

Subject: Re: Any Siouxsie Fans Out There?

Written By: Tanya1976 on 03/21/05 at 8:47 am

I loved "Kiss them for Me", while I liked "Peek-a-boo".

Tanya

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/21/05 at 1:13 pm

the last beat of my heart makes me cry. i have strong emotions about my ex tied up in that song...it was our song.

yeah, i'm a big siouxsie fan.

Written By: bj26 on 03/21/05 at 2:09 pm

Cities in Dust

http://www.vamp.org/Siouxsie/images2.jpg

http://www.vamp.org/Siouxsie/Images/Thumb/pray-sm.jpg

Written By: goodsin on 03/22/05 at 1:00 pm

2 of my Siouxsie faves are actually cover versions- "Dear Prudence" & "Helter Skelter". I used to have a Siouxsie T-shirt with a picture of her against a Japanese flag

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/22/05 at 1:59 pm

I'm a Siouxsie fan  :)  I just love "Stargazer".  Great driving song (be mindful of the speedometer, though)!

Written By: Alana on 04/02/05 at 11:29 pm

I have the one song "Dear Prudence", I got into it because my fave singer Robert Smith of The Cure was a member for 2 years! ;D

The song is good!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/03/05 at 4:08 am

Siouxsie and Budgie have also done some recording as The Creatures. I have only heard one of their songs, a very dark ballad called "All She Could Ask For". It is very similar to some of Tricky's mixes. Have any of you heard any more Creatures stuff and is it much different to what the Banshees did?

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/03/05 at 9:00 am

Siouxsie and Budgie have also done some recording as The Creatures. I have only heard one of their songs, a very dark ballad called "All She Could Ask For". It is very similar to some of Tricky's mixes. Have any of you heard any more Creatures stuff and is it much different to what the Banshees did?

the creatures were goth while it could be argued that siouxsie and the banshees were post-punk/new wave that dabbled in goth. the one creatures song i like is exterminating angel.

Written By: Kev on 04/13/05 at 9:48 am

Siouxsie and the Banshees are obviously the best band this world will ever see. I can name one hundred songs of theirs I love with ease but I'll only say a few. "Exterminating Angel" Is a great song , it has a dark edge to it with great lyrics , "Murdering Mouth" By Siouxsie Sioux and John Cale is also a great one , awesome lyrics and a great beat. "Peek-a-Boo" Is another cool song , the accordion solo is awesome and so unique , no one can ever beat their music even to this day.

Written By: Todd on 04/13/05 at 6:34 pm

Im a BIG Siouxie fan!!  I love her with the Banshees AND with the Creatures.  Ive seen her in concert about 10 times going back to the 80s.  The most recent show was in Chicaco just last fall, and she STILL looks and sounds great after all these years!!  Go Siouxie!!

Check for new replies or respond here...