inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Trying to remember a Dracula movie

Written By: dinikid on 03/21/05 at 6:46 pm

This movie was early 80's I think (maybe late 70's). It was a version of Dracula but it had an English actor and the only thing I remember was the main guy in it (the English guy) froze to death on a ship. I know this is a long shot does anyone have a idea? It was on TV twice in the 80's I dont think it was ever in the theater. Thanks

Denise

Subject: Re: Trying to remember a Dracula movie

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/21/05 at 8:36 pm

The cloest one I can think was Dracula with Frank Langella playing Dracula, hope it helps!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079073/

Written By: banglebabe on 03/22/05 at 7:12 am

This will always be my all time favorite Dracula movie. I remember being little and sleeping with my covers pulled up over my neck for about 2 years because Frank Langella scared the heck out of me so bad in that movie.

Now I haven't watched it since I was little. And being a complete Buffy fanatic now, I'm afraid to watch it now. I'm afraid it might come off as not so good anymore and not live up to what I remember. So I'm gonna leave it in the past and keep it in my memory the way it was.

Because you know, after you watch Buffy, you can't take any vampire movie seroiusly anymore. I remember re-watching "Interview with a vampire" after being a Buffy fan. Prior to that, I thought it was scary. But the second time around, all I could think of when watching Tom Cruise try to be all evil was "Man, Buffy could really kick your ass right now."  ::)

Written By: rubixgirl on 03/22/05 at 8:13 am

I love BtVS also...and you are so right about that. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/05 at 10:20 am

I know there was a verson with Louie Jourdan which was put out by the BBC in 1977. We were looking for a copy of it but haven't had too much success. I should try to find it again.

http://baharna.com/store/CountDraculaJourdan/CountDraculaJourdan.htm

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...