inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How many people like Skid row and Motley crue?

Written By: nikkisixx#1 on 03/23/05 at 7:39 pm

I love both ecspecially sebastian bach from skid row and nikki sixx from motley crue

Subject: Re: How many people like Skid row and Motley crue?

Written By: mitch1987 on 03/23/05 at 7:59 pm

I was a big fan of both bands in the eighties. Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil was their best IMO and I still like it now. Skid Row had a couple of great albums. Slave to the Grind is incredible. I listened to that song every day on the way to work when it first came out.  ;D

Written By: Marty McFly on 03/23/05 at 8:01 pm

Yep, I like both too. :)

I didn't get into either one that much until the late 90's (I bought a ton of music in 1997-2000), but I knew "Smokin' in the Boys Room" before this and liked it.

Since then, I've preferred Motley's Girls & Dr. Feelgood albums, and Skid Row's 1989 self-titled debut. They were really an underrated band, like a mix of Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses and the heavier side of Bon Jovi.

Best songs off that, actually, weren't the hits IMHO (although I loved the hard power ballad "18 & Life") but "Big Guns", "Midnight/Tornado" and especially the fast-paced "Sweet little Sister" all should've been huge hits!!

Written By: Davester on 03/23/05 at 8:49 pm

Slave to the Grind is incredible. I listened to that song every day on the way to work when it first came out.  ;D

Two of my faves back in the day...

And Slave To The Grind was kick a**, wasn't it..?  That was such a departure for Skid Row that it might as well have been from another band.  I think I wore that tape out...

Written By: sputnikcorp on 03/23/05 at 10:41 pm

i'm more a crue fan than a fan of skid row but skid row was good.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 03/23/05 at 10:52 pm

Two of my faves back in the day...

And Slave To The Grind was kick a**, wasn't it..?  That was such a departure for Skid Row that it might as well have been from another band.  I think I wore that tape out...
Same here ;)

Written By: george78 on 03/24/05 at 1:14 pm

I used to love both bands. I still listen to "I Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild" by Skid Row....classic songs! I remember watching the Crue's video "Same Ol Situation" on MTV all the time.

Written By: OliverDK on 03/24/05 at 7:54 pm

Saw Skid Row playing support to Mötley Crüe in '87 or '88, one of the coolest concerts ever

Check for new replies or respond here...