inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Return Of Tiffany

Written By: Dave Brown on 04/03/05 at 12:18 am

Tiffany is to return with a new single. You will be pleased to know that her new single will only be released in the UK which is fantastic

Subject: Re: The Return Of Tiffany

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/05 at 3:03 am

Tiffany is to return with a new single. You will be pleased to know that her new single will only be released in the UK which is fantastic
How soon?

Written By: 90s boy on 04/03/05 at 6:44 pm

Tiffany had a CD out in 2000 but it didn't sell well hopefully this one will do good to bad it wont be released hear in the US

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/03/05 at 8:07 pm

What exactly happened with Tiffany? From what I remember, she was huge, then she had some sort of money squabble with her father. I remember seeing her 2nd album on the shelves. I think it was called "Holding Onto An Old Friend's Hand"(?) No one would play the first single, "Radio Romance", bar my local community radio staion -and even there I only heard it once. Why?

Written By: 90s boy on 04/03/05 at 10:04 pm

What exactly happened with Tiffany? From what I remember, she was huge, then she had some sort of money squabble with her father. I remember seeing her 2nd album on the shelves. I think it was called "Holding Onto An Old Friend's Hand"(?) No one would play the first single, "Radio Romance", bar my local community radio staion -and even there I only heard it once. Why?

it was called Hold An Old Friends Hand it came out in 1988 and she had a hit singel called All This Time what happend is after she sued her mouther her fans trued against her and her fame started to fade and she got into drugs and in 1990 she released her 3 album but it went no were in 1992 she got marred and gave birth she spent most of the 90's working on her family in 2000 she released a CD Called The Color Of Silence but yet again it didn't do so well in 2002 she posed Nude For Playboy and she Divorced her Husband and now shes doing well from what i know

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/05 at 1:37 am

As for Tiffany, I Think She's Alone Now and thinking of what Could've Been?

Written By: Gis on 04/04/05 at 3:54 am

it was called Hold An Old Friends Hand it came out in 1988 and she had a hit singel called All This Time what happend is after she sued her mouther her fans trued against her and her fame started to fade and she got into drugs and in 1990 she released her 3 album but it went no were in 1992 she got marred and gave birth she spent most of the 90's working on her family in 2000 she released a CD Called The Color Of Silence but yet again it didn't do so well in 2002 she posed Nude For Playboy and she Divorced her Husband and now shes doing well from what i know
Saw her on T.V on saturday night and she had a husband then as he was in the clip of her home life they showed, he is from Birmingham in England.

Written By: Britney Agulera on 09/09/05 at 2:27 am

"Dust off and Dance" is a poor excuse for a comeback...  :P

She should get back to flipping burgers

Written By: Sean1983 on 09/09/05 at 3:34 am

I'm going to agree with the above poster.  I have all of Tiffany's albums.  Of course, the first album is a sentimental favorite because it was the big one but her following albums were quite good, in particular 1993's Dreams Never Die.  Her 2000 album Color Of Silence was excellent but she has taken a step back with Dust Off And Dance.  There is simply no material on this recent album that distinguishes her from any other contemporary dance-pop artists or effectively showcases her unique voice.  Hence, out of her six albums, DOAD is her worst.  Tiffany needs material that doesn't focus on style but substance since the new album has a lot of posturing on it to little effect.  I love Tiffany still, but she can do much better.

Written By: angelbaby on 09/15/05 at 11:58 am

You must not be into dance music. Tiffany's new album is hot. I work in the club scene and know a lot of DJs, most of whom would NEVER think of playing Tiffany. BUT I made copies of Dust Off And Dance for some of them and they were shocked at what they heard. All of them have spun a few of her songs and they all have gotten good reactions from the crowds. I love Tiffany and have followed her career since the 80s. When she came out with the Color Of Silence in 2000, everyone I played the cd for absolutely loved it. Now with this new album, the response is the same. Tiffany is a great artist, but it's unfortunate that people won't look past the "bubble-gum" days. Everyone was loving it for a while, why should she hang her head now? She's not 16 anymore, how much longer does she have to keep proving herself? Critics and DJs have been praising her for years, but even they can't convice the record buying public, who still look at her as the acid wash queen.

Written By: BCRichrocker on 09/15/05 at 2:57 pm

You must not be into dance music. Tiffany's new album is hot. I work in the club scene and know a lot of DJs, most of whom would NEVER think of playing Tiffany. BUT I made copies of Dust Off And Dance for some of them and they were shocked at what they heard. All of them have spun a few of her songs and they all have gotten good reactions from the crowds. I love Tiffany and have followed her career since the 80s. When she came out with the Color Of Silence in 2000, everyone I played the cd for absolutely loved it. Now with this new album, the response is the same. Tiffany is a great artist, but it's unfortunate that people won't look past the "bubble-gum" days. Everyone was loving it for a while, why should she hang her head now? She's not 16 anymore, how much longer does she have to keep proving herself? Critics and DJs have been praising her for years, but even they can't convice the record buying public, who still look at her as the acid wash queen.

From a big Tiffany "acid wash" fan, I say right on. Very well said, not that there was anything wrong with her early career days though.

Written By: racer on 09/15/05 at 4:50 pm

I agree, you're right on the money. When I was in college a few years ago, I played her Color Of Silence album while hanging out with a bunch of friends and after the first song, they were all like, "Wow, this is really good!".......then I'd say who it was by and they'd say "Oh nevermind". That must really suck for her because everyone knows she's been putting out great music, but it's ignored because of her past.

On the brighter side, Tiffany has had a strong following this whole time. I've seen her twice in concert, in 2001 and 2003. Each show had about 400-500 people in attendance, which isn't bad. She has an army of loyal fans.

Written By: TC1970 on 09/16/05 at 7:12 pm

More power to her. I was never into her music.

Written By: Britney Agulera on 09/16/05 at 7:58 pm

"Colored Of Silence" is good, though her new stuff sounds tooo 1996...

Check for new replies or respond here...