inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kim Wilde

Written By: 90s boy on 04/03/05 at 9:58 pm

another 80's singer who was really good

Subject: Re: Kim Wilde

Written By: migi on 04/04/05 at 7:05 am

Kim Wilde was popular both sides of Atlantic. Kids in america was a huge hit following other songs. Comeback in 1986 was also succesful -> nr. 1 hit - You just Keep me Hangin' on. She even had another hit at least in Europe in 1988 with You came.
I saw her performing in fashion show two years ago in Helsinki. She has aged well...  ;)

Written By: 90s boy on 04/04/05 at 4:37 pm

Kim Wilde was popular both sides of Atlantic. Kids in america was a huge hit following other songs. Comeback in 1986 was also succesful -> nr. 1 hit - You just Keep me Hangin' on. She even had another hit at least in Europe in 1988 with You came.
I saw her performing in fashion show two years ago in Helsinki. She has aged well...  ;)

i love that song you came along with Love Send Him Back To Me from 1991 might have been 1990 and shes only and shes gonna be 45

Written By: Chrisrj on 04/04/05 at 9:48 pm

She released a remake of Born to Be Wild a few years back... so it is kinda funny:  a 60s song remade by an 80s artist, released in the 2000's.

Written By: Madina12 on 04/15/05 at 7:48 pm

Kim Wilde is one of the Best looking pop stars there were ,,, She made Gardening look cool
You can see her "Born to be Wild"-2002 Video on www.kimwildetv.com   go to videoclips section she is 42 yo woman and looks soo HOT and can realy sing without trying too hard to scream.. also you can watch her Smash hit video "Anytime, Anyplace, Anyhwere" duet with Nena went # 1 in EUROPE....just go to
www.kimwildetv.com

Written By: spaceace on 05/11/05 at 9:07 pm

8)Anyone remember the song "Kids in America"?  Best song she sang!

Written By: hornet on 05/12/05 at 4:48 am

yep , thats the one that started her fame in 1981 & although noted as the most classic of hers - ( among many from the early 80's ) ....i reckon " you came" & ' never trust a stranger" & a few more, certainly gave it a run for it's money  ;)

Written By: Zebra on 05/13/05 at 4:24 pm

I was a big big Kim Wilde Fan with big Posters on the wall  8) (Hope nobody knows me)

My favorite Song was and is The second time. Best of all in the U.S. Remix.
I wonder why this track isn't covered yet by another artist?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/13/05 at 4:42 pm

Currently been seen on TV advertising something

Written By: Zebra on 05/13/05 at 5:01 pm

You mean a ad-spot in the states?

Written By: BrianMannixGirl on 05/15/05 at 2:20 am

In 1982 I had a huge crush on a guy called Shane - and the B Side to one of Kims singles was a song by that name - so everytime he came to my house - it was playing LOUD !!!!

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/15/05 at 2:20 am

You mean a ad-spot in the states?
Commercials

Written By: Zebra on 05/15/05 at 2:52 am

Commercials

Yes. That's the word i was searching for  ;)

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/16/05 at 6:04 am

Kim Wilde, hm?...sure brings back memories (none of which I'm gonna share with you!) ;)
She didn't do to bad over here, having several Top 10 hits.
The ones I like/d most are Cambodia and Four Letter Word

Check for new replies or respond here...