inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Cyndi Lauper

Written By: 90s boy on 04/03/05 at 10:07 pm

anything u want to say i loved her songs from Time After Time to True Colors

Subject: Re: Cyndi Lauper

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/04/05 at 4:44 am

She is a great singer. If I have to pick a fave, it's "All Through The Night" -just beautiful! Not so sure about her acting. Remember the movie, Vibes, where she plays a crazy, quirky medium? :D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/04/05 at 6:26 am

I like All Through The Night,True Colors,Time After Time,Change of Heart, I also like her remake of "Walk on By".

Written By: Xer on 04/04/05 at 6:47 am

I love her music, but I remember see her on MTV I thought how wild she looked.  I know the punk thing was going on but where I live, there was no one that dressed or looked that way.  All Through the Night has to be my fav, but I like True Colores and Girls just wanna Have Fun.

Written By: bill on 04/04/05 at 7:55 am

my favorites are "all thorugh the night" and "i drove all night"...what awesome songs!!!!!!!! and of course "Girls just wanna have fun"

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/04/05 at 10:01 am

I love Cyndi also.  Money Changes Everything is also a great tune.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/04/05 at 10:53 am

I love her, she's my fav.  I have all her music concert dvd's and her dvd of videos.  I like how she's kinda quirky and silly and she always makes me laugh.  She looks alot different now.

http://www.cyndilauper.com/pictures/sonyde04s.jpg

Written By: 90s boy on 04/04/05 at 4:36 pm

I love her, she's my fav.  I have all her music concert dvd's and her dvd of videos.  I like how she's kinda quirky and silly and she always makes me laugh.  She looks alot different now.

http://www.cyndilauper.com/pictures/sonyde04s.jpg

she dose look diffrent she got more prettyer she got older lol i liked her crazy 80's hair

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/04/05 at 6:04 pm

she dose look diffrent she got more prettyer she got older lol i liked her crazy 80's hair

I do too..my hubby says she's weird, kicking trashcans around in her videos  ;D

Written By: wing on 04/04/05 at 9:46 pm

Sorry, but Kasey Chambers does a better version of True colours, as does eva cassidy on time after time. Kasey Chambers is a bit too 80's for me.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/04/05 at 11:05 pm

Sorry, but Kasey Chambers does a better version of True colours, as does eva cassidy on time after time. Kasey Chambers is a bit too 80's for me.

Who are those people?  ???

Written By: zcrito on 04/04/05 at 11:58 pm

It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks that

"All Through The Night"
and
"True Colors"

are her best songs.

I also liked her 1995 remake "Hey Now (Girls Just Want to Have Fun)". It gave new life to a song I've heard a 1000 times before.

Written By: Chrisrj on 04/05/05 at 5:06 am

I liked Time After Time, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, True Colors, and after downloading it after I found out it was remade, I Drove All Night.

Funny how I only catch the remakes, and never find out they were until someone's b1tch@d about them to death(*loves good remakes*).

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/05/05 at 6:22 am

Sorry, but Kasey Chambers does a better version of True colours...
Funny, you should say that. I thought that Kasey sounded alsmost as if she were imitating Cyndi on that track. Hmm :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...