inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ultravox

Written By: cagesundercage on 04/08/05 at 4:32 pm

ok, so i may be a little behind in music, but i just saw the video for 'dancing with tears in my eyes' by ultravox. i have heard of this band before but nothing by them, i really love this song and would like to hear more by them. any suggestions as to which albums i should pick up? i hear lament is pretty good.

g.
xo

Subject: Re: ultravox

Written By: AL-B on 04/08/05 at 4:42 pm

There used to be a lady in here who went by the name "Absolutely Vile," who was a big Ultravox fan. She left the boards about a month ago,  I don't know why.

I don't know much about Ultravox myself, and I'm downloading that song right now just to check it out.

Written By: nally on 04/08/05 at 4:46 pm

There used to be a lady in here who went by the name "Absolutely Vile," who was a big Ultravox fan. She left the boards about a month ago,  I don't know why.

Yeah, I remember her. She deleted her account about two months ago; I forget why (but the story is in the Playful Penguin Place forum somewhere). She knew a lot about Ultravox and their music. 8) I miss her. :-[

Anyway, the only song of theirs I know is "Dancing With Tears In My Eyes." I don't know too much else about them, other than the fact that they were very popular in their native homeland (the UK).

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/08/05 at 5:20 pm

ultravox is an awesome band. i have no albums but i DLed as much music as i can.

she left because of a joke towards another member was taken too seriously. she left on her own accord and wasn't banned.

Written By: Mr. X on 04/08/05 at 7:43 pm

ok, so i may be a little behind in music, but i just saw the video for 'dancing with tears in my eyes' by ultravox. i have heard of this band before but nothing by them, i really love this song and would like to hear more by them. any suggestions as to which albums i should pick up? i hear lament is pretty good.

g.
xo

Here is a great place to learn more about this AWESOME band! 8)

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/

Written By: Passing Stranger on 04/10/05 at 12:24 am

Concurring with both sputnikcorp and Mr. X, Ultravox are an EXCELLENT band. I love their music.

Yes, www.ultravox.org.uk is a great site. Also, you can check out www.revolutionforum.net which currently has a database of albums, lyrics, and ratings of Ultravox' significant records, as well as many others. There are also many Ultravox fans on there to chat with!

Passing Stranger

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/10/05 at 5:23 pm

Concurring with both sputnikcorp and Mr. X, Ultravox are an EXCELLENT band. I love their music.

Yes, www.ultravox.org.uk is a great site. Also, you can check out www.revolutionforum.net which currently has a database of albums, lyrics, and ratings of Ultravox' significant records, as well as many others. There are also many Ultravox fans on there to chat with!

Passing Stranger

thanks for the link passing stranger... ;)

Written By: Alana on 04/10/05 at 7:54 pm

I bought a 45 version yesterday of Dancing With Tears In My Eyes (Luv that song!) with Building as a B-side for collection!

Written By: _adam_ on 04/12/05 at 1:35 pm

Ultravox got another great song "Hymn"

Written By: Tiamat on 10/11/07 at 2:26 am

My favorite Ultravox album is Vienna. I prefer the Midge Ure era over John Foxx.

Written By: Midas on 10/11/07 at 9:49 pm

My favourite track of theirs is "Reap The Wild Wind". :)

Written By: gmann on 10/11/07 at 10:05 pm

My favorite Ultravox album is Vienna. I prefer the Midge Ure era over John Foxx.

Say it ain't so! I prefer the John Foxx era stuff most, though some of their 80s output isn't bad. I have a compilation that nicely encapsulates their time on Island Records. I still can't believe nobody was into them before "Vienna". Why?

Written By: whistledog on 10/12/07 at 12:34 am

Ultravox had several popular songs here in Canada, but the only one to chart in the mainstream was 'Dancing With Tears in My Eyes', which was their only Top 40 hit here.  Oddly enough, when Ure went solo, he also had only one Top 40 hit in Canada with 'If I Was'

I have always loved Ultravox's music.  I have all their albums on LP except for 'Monument', but then again, Live albums aren't really my bag

Written By: Manguac on 10/12/07 at 11:11 am

I'm a big Ultravox' fan. To start with them, I reccomend their Greatest Hits albums: 'Dancing with tears in my eyes' and 'The Collection'. Then, two excellent albums: 'Vienna' and ''Quartet'.

Check for new replies or respond here...