inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's Fashion Is Back!!!!

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/09/05 at 2:54 pm

Yes folks. You heard right 80's fashion is back!

If your about to throw away your ra-ra skirt, those tops and dresses you've got with those horrible sholder pads and your old Stelletoes and your old legwarmers, then don't bother.

Even these awful hair do's are back too. Yuck!!!

Subject: Re: 80's Fashion Is Back!!!!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/09/05 at 8:02 pm

I've been noticing these sorts of things for the past year or so. In particular I've noticed big loopy earings, some of them in bright, almost fluro clours, mulit coloured wire bangles, BIG brightly coloured headbands and T-shirts with tanks tops over the top. And it aint all such a bad thing, but ra ra skirts, OMG! :-http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/magnolia3/balloonskirtparty.jpg

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/09/05 at 9:14 pm

As long as the dreaded pirate/puffy shirt never comes back.... I'll be happy.  ::)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/10/05 at 3:59 am

Friends, it is worse than what we thought, the dreaded baloon/bubble skirt is back!!! :o :o :o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/morganzola/DailyCeleb246962.jpghttp://images.alloy.com/images/products/8i6753_main.jpg

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/10/05 at 11:13 am

Friends, it is worse than what we thought, the dreaded baloon/bubble skirt is back!!! :o :o :o
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v352/morganzola/DailyCeleb246962.jpghttp://images.alloy.com/images/products/8i6753_main.jpg

Oh my god! I remember wearing one of those frocks, but only mine had sholder pads on them. My twin sister had one with the annoying sholder pads. God they were so annoying!

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/10/05 at 3:48 pm

www.myspace.com/newave ...yeah i would say 80's style is comin...you can see that Armani Jacket with some pink pastel in that style

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/11/05 at 8:02 am

Just found a kewwwwl little fashion artical on the Ministry Of Sound website, entitled, "Gee, I'm glad the mid-80s are back." Check it out! 8)
http://www.ministryofsound.com.au/international_ctemplate.cfm?page_id=59719770112961010&se_id=112

Written By: Todd on 04/11/05 at 11:05 pm

:)  YAY!!! 80s fashions have never left my closet, but Im very happy to see them re-appear at finer stores everywhere.  And I know the "rah-rah" skirt isnt to everyone's liking.  But I happen to ADORE that look!  I still have several of my rah-rah skirts from the 80s as well as some newer ones Ive recently purchased.  Add these to my other 80s dresses and skirts, and I may have to open my own fashion museum. (I also have lots of 50s things)  Oh yeah, I also have men's clothes from the 80s (after all, I AM a guy!)  But being a crossdresser was a blast in the 80s simply because of these fun fashions!  Bring on the crinolines...the bubble skirts...the rah-rah skirts...the striped tights..the leotards.....the colorful tights...and prom dresses!!!  80s fashions were...I mean  ..ARE the best!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/12/05 at 7:50 am

Well, Todd -or is it Tahlia? At you you don't have to tuck when you wear a balloon skirt. ;) :)

Written By: Justawoman on 04/12/05 at 9:25 am

I never thought the 80's fashion would return. While waiting on my daughter I saw one of her classmates wearing legwarmers with flip-flops and a skirt. Now that was a look!!  :D

Written By: Todd on 04/13/05 at 1:19 am

Well, Todd -or is it Tahlia? At you you don't have to tuck when you wear a balloon skirt. ;) :)
  LOL  Another great thing about 80s fashions..for crossdressers...youre right...with most skirts no tucking is necessary!  Actually, Ive never gone THAT far..no tucking for me! I heard its painful and uncomfortable.  And my name IS Todd LOL  Not Tahlia!   :D

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/13/05 at 8:12 am

The Return Of 80s Fashion by Jill Anderson
http://www.newmoanyeah.com/2004-features/030804_the_return_of_80s_fashion.php

Written By: BCRichrocker on 05/29/05 at 8:27 pm

I've been hoping for this for years and still haven't seen it like the 1970's comeback in the 1990's that's still with us today. One can only dream....

Written By: Zebra on 05/30/05 at 7:56 am

I never thought the 80's fashion would return. While waiting on my daughter I saw one of her classmates wearing legwarmers with flip-flops and a skirt. Now that was a look!!  :D

All good thing will return sometimes. ;)
I see here some colors of the 80s returning. Some of this eye-shocking Neon-colors. Next time i have to search in the roof for the old neon-green muscle shirt. *lol*

Written By: Dagwood on 05/30/05 at 9:27 am

:)  YAY!!! 80s fashions have never left my closet, but Im very happy to see them re-appear at finer stores everywhere.  And I know the "rah-rah" skirt isnt to everyone's liking.  But I happen to ADORE that look!  I still have several of my rah-rah skirts from the 80s as well as some newer ones Ive recently purchased.  Add these to my other 80s dresses and skirts, and I may have to open my own fashion museum. (I also have lots of 50s things)  Oh yeah, I also have men's clothes from the 80s (after all, I AM a guy!)  But being a crossdresser was a blast in the 80s simply because of these fun fashions!  Bring on the crinolines...the bubble skirts...the rah-rah skirts...the striped tights..the leotards.....the colorful tights...and prom dresses!!!  80s fashions were...I mean  ..ARE the best!

I can't belive I didn't notice this before now.  Just had to jump in and say hey there, Todd!  Long time no read. :)

Written By: Todd on 05/30/05 at 1:26 pm

I can't belive I didn't notice this before now.  Just had to jump in and say hey there, Todd!  Long time no read. :)
  Thanks Dag!!   Go Cubs!!!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/30/05 at 4:30 pm

I couldn't help but notice Jessica Simpson on Tv the other night, wearing skin tight stretch jeans, with the legs rolled up -very 80s. Waste-length beads also seem to be back -and lots of them. On a scarier note, I've been seeing deelyboppers in the shops too and the other day, I saw a young kid wearing them! :o

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 06/10/05 at 6:39 pm

Yesterday I watched a mens fashion parade on the FashionTV station. The designer was not familiar to me, but the words he used to describe his collection were, "Retro. 80s, but not really 80s." The models paraded down the catwalk to mostly 80s music and some of them wore lip gloss, blush and eyeliner. The collection featured alot of tight pants, big studded belts and meshy Tshirts. I can't imagine the average guy wearing certain items that were featured, other than to a very gay nightclub, or for Mardi Gras. High fashion is not necesarily about practicality! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...