inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Old Game for Apple IIe/c

Written By: Marlene on 04/12/05 at 11:24 am

When I was younger I had a computer game that I played on the Apple 2 E or C.

I was wondering if anyone else had played the game before. I can't remember the name of the game and it was a text game. I want to find it again and play it.

The game had two men's names in the title. (I think... I might be wrong.)

The whole game was a play on puns and catch phrases.

Like you find yourself in a diner and when the salt shaker falls over a grain of salt falls out. You type. "Take it with a grain of salt." or a vampire is coming at you and next to you is a raw steak. You type "Stab vampire with stake." Another I remember was a small mouse falls out of drink (or something like that.) And you type "slip him a mickey" and they went on and on...

There are whole bunch of level. When I was younger I sucked at it. I only got through two levels before getting bored. Now I want to play the game but I can't remember the name to find it.

SO. . .I turn to you. Hopefully someone else has heard of this game or has played it.

Or maybe someone has a suggestion of a game that is like this that would be fun to play.

I recently found Dungeon of Doom. I spent MANY hours playing that. Which is what made me remember this game.

Please let me know if I have posted this in the wrong section. :)

Thanks

Marlene

Check for new replies or respond here...