inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: '80's Music Video Battle: "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" vs. "Material Girl"

Written By: woops on 04/13/05 at 7:44 pm

Which video do you like more?  :D  8)

Though I select "Material Girl" since it's one of my favorite Madonna videos.

Subject: Re: '80's Music Video Battle: "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" vs. "Material Girl"

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/14/05 at 8:06 am

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Subject: Re: '80's Music Video Battle: "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" vs. "Material Girl"

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/14/05 at 9:00 am

Gee, this is hard - they're both bouncy and (of course) fun songs that really defined the feel of the early/mid 80's, but - if we're just going on the videos, it'd be "Girls Wanna Have Fun."

Loved the kitchen shots with the Corn Flakes, and Cyndi pulling her big/tough-looking dad's hand behind his back as everyone came into the house! If I'm not mistaken, didn't it have a big intro as well - footage before the song started playing?

(Some videos did this, but I remember VH1 started heavily editing/cutting them in about 1991.)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/14/05 at 11:14 am

Material Girl. I always loved the Marilyn Monroe reference.

Tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/14/05 at 1:02 pm

Tough decision but...Cyndi Lauper  :)

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/14/05 at 1:56 pm

Which video do you like more?  :D  8)

Though I select "Material Girl" since it's one of my favorite Madonna videos.

I'm gonna have to say neither. Both videos and the songs are just totally overrated

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/14/05 at 5:10 pm

Material Girl wa cool, but Girl's just wanna have fun was more to watch.

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/15/05 at 8:04 pm

Tie...

Next time, I'll do a '80's Divas Video Poll  :D

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/16/05 at 6:49 am

I like both video's.

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/16/05 at 8:06 am

I just made it 6-5 in favour of :

Cyndi Lauper "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"  :)

Written By: mandamoo on 04/16/05 at 8:47 am

7-5 now

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun"  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...