inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pink clothing for guys is back!

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/14/05 at 8:20 am

http://www.wilsoncountynews.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=497&twindow=&mad=No&sdetail=7897&wpage=&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed

this is one fashion trend that could have stayed in the 80s for me...

Subject: Re: Pink clothing for guys is back!

Written By: george78 on 04/14/05 at 9:20 am

Well I don't know if when the fashion world brought the color pink back for guys, they intended it to be like the guy in that picture. Pink has been "in" for over a year now. I'll admit, not everyone can pull off pink. Don't know what other places are like, here in the city, pink has become just as popular as black.

Written By: MarcDaShark on 04/14/05 at 1:19 pm

All I can say is, "Yuck."

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/14/05 at 3:52 pm

just bring it....im ready with my miami vice style clothing

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/14/05 at 5:01 pm

eeeeewwww...pink is wrong for everyone over the age of 3.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/14/05 at 5:03 pm

Yeah, i see these guys walking around.. Pink T-Shirt with a suit Jacket.. and.. wait for it.

I point and laugh my ass off.

I'm sorry, but being an individual and doing what you want is one thing. Attempting some god awful fashion and looking like a bloody Nonce is another altogether different thing.

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/14/05 at 11:04 pm

I still don't know if I'd feel comfortable wearin' pink unless I physically saw a bunch of other guys doing it - I'll keep my eyes out though!

PS: Didn't Hall & Oates have some really flashy colored clothes in the 80's? Can't recall if they ever actually wore pink!

Written By: Carrie on 04/14/05 at 11:39 pm

My 10 year old son, who is a little skateboarding dude, is really into hot pink. That color is really hot now again too. He doesn't wear any shirts that color though. He got a new board and his grip tape is that color. I have seen a lot of pastel pink for guys in the stores, but not many wearing it I guess.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/15/05 at 5:58 am

This artical, from Personal Shopper, is a bit of a chuckle! ;D
http://www.reflector.com/spnsr/content/shared/shopping/shopsave/stories/0405pink.html
http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/02/63/62/image_662632.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...