inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TESTING NEEDED. Games on inthe80s.com

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/14/05 at 11:57 am

http://www.inthe80s.com/games/index.shtml

If you have Java on your machine, and run Internet Explorer, please try the Dig Dug game and let me know if you can see it ok.

I'm especially interested in knowing whether older browsers (such as Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 or 6.0) can see the game ok.

Just Dig Dug right now.  I haven't played around with the other pages yet.  I'm trying to update all the pages on inthe80s for the upcoming 10 year anniversary.

Subject: Re: TESTING NEEDED. Games on inthe80s.com

Written By: Kryllith on 04/14/05 at 12:02 pm

http://www.inthe80s.com/games/index.shtml

If you have Java on your machine, and run Internet Explorer, please try the Dig Dug game and let me know if you can see it ok.

I'm especially interested in knowing whether older browsers (such as Internet Explorer 5.0, 5.5 or 6.0) can see the game ok.

Just Dig Dug right now.  I haven't played around with the other pages yet.  I'm trying to update all the pages on inthe80s for the upcoming 10 year anniversary.

Running fine on mine (using IE 6.0.29), Chucky. BTW, what kind of funky version of Dig Dug is this anyway? :)

Kryllith

Written By: Kryllith on 04/14/05 at 12:09 pm

Just to let you know, when I tried to run Elevator Action I just got an old c-64 style blue screen with a prompt.

The speed on Time Pilot is majorly jacked up.

Oh... neither Frogger nor Phoenix load for me (get a blank java screen with a red x in the corner

More to come if I find any other problems. :)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/14/05 at 1:00 pm

Worked for me...I dont know what version of IE I have but we have Windows XP, using AOL

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/25/05 at 9:12 pm

Just to let you know, when I tried to run Elevator Action I just got an old c-64 style blue screen with a prompt.

The speed on Time Pilot is majorly jacked up.

Oh... neither Frogger nor Phoenix load for me (get a blank java screen with a red x in the corner

More to come if I find any other problems. :)

Elevator Action is working again!

Frogger and Phoenix are still DOA.  and Time Pilot appears to be unfixable as well.

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/25/05 at 9:38 pm

Thought i'd let ya know it works fine for Firefox as well.

I'm useing Firefox 1.3

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/27/05 at 1:15 pm

another one... this one required a ton of work, and it's still not 100% xhtml conformant (thank you Internet Explorer)

http://www.inthe80s.com/wumpus/

I tested it in Firefox 1.0.3 and Internet Explorer 6.  if you're using an older version of IE, check it out.

Written By: karen on 04/28/05 at 8:35 am

another one... this one required a ton of work, and it's still not 100% xhtml conformant (thank you Internet Explorer)

http://www.inthe80s.com/wumpus/

I tested it in Firefox 1.0.3 and Internet Explorer 6.  if you're using an older version of IE, check it out.

Chucky

I got "file not found on this server"

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/28/05 at 1:06 pm

Chucky

I got "file not found on this server"

that was a test version.  I put it in with the regular section.  Click on games on the 80s site and you can find it.  I'd provide a link, but I'm work at the moment and links to games are blocked.

Check for new replies or respond here...