inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80s T-shirts

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/17/05 at 5:22 am

Saw Guy Sebastian in his latest video clip this morning, wearing an "Atari" T-shirt. Were those around in the 80s? I suspect they were (duh!) Also saw a young girl the other day, wearing a lolly pink T-shirt , with "1984" in bold white numbers -doubt if she was even born then, but the 80s are back!!! Apart from "FRANKIE SAYS RELAX", has anyone seen any other 80s or 80s-inspired T-shirts around?

Subject: Re: 80s T-shirts

Written By: Climber on 04/17/05 at 10:55 pm

Target has one with a picture of the old Nintendo controller that says something like "know your roots" (or something similar).  One of my kids wants it.  They also have had some 70s & 80s band t-shirts for sale (one of them is Pink FLoyd).

Written By: stingr22 on 04/18/05 at 12:33 am

I remember adidas shirts were big, as well as the Wham "Choose Life" t-shirts...

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/18/05 at 7:34 am

"Choose Life" tees always seem to be associated with Wham! Roger Taylor of Queen also wore won in the 'Hammer To Fall" video, 1985.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/18/05 at 10:29 am

I always wanted a Ghostbusters tee shirt but everyone had one. But, I did manage to find a Stay-Puf Marshmellow Man tee shirt (still have it). I also still have my Spuds McKinsey tee shirt.

Cat

Written By: pcxo on 04/18/05 at 2:16 pm

Hot Topic and Torrid stores sell 80's t's from time to time.......

Written By: thatsmyshirt.com on 04/19/05 at 7:41 am

Yes hot topic makes alot of 80s shirts.  We buy alot of their closeouts so have alot of 80s items on our sites thatsmyshirt.com and trendyhats.com.  Target also seems to be getting alot of 80s vintage stlye tees at pretty good prices

Check for new replies or respond here...