inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chicago 80s Night

Written By: Todd on 04/18/05 at 9:55 pm

Those of you in the Chicago area are probably already aware of this, BUT for those of you who arent..(or who may be new to the Chicago area or spending some vacation time here)  one of the BEST 80s club nights happens every Thursday night at NEO.  2350 N Clark St in Chicago.  The night is called "Planet Earth" and they play the BEST 80s new-wave/punk/industrial/goth music including some obscure stuff you havent heard since the early days of MTV.  The cover is only $5.  And DRESS-UP for it!  Get your wildest loudest 80s outfits and go there and dance all night.  Doors open at 10:00 PM and you DO have to be 21+.    See ya there!!

Subject: Re: Chicago 80s Night

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/19/05 at 3:47 pm

dam i live in florida!!! dam!!!!

Written By: george78 on 04/19/05 at 4:55 pm

I thought they closed that place down a few years ago? I could have sworn it became a clothing store.  ???

Written By: Todd on 04/19/05 at 6:46 pm

I thought they closed that place down a few years ago? I could have sworn it became a clothing store.  ???
Nope!  Oh, theres been rumors every year for the past 10 years that it is closing down...But it still stands in all its glory!  The rumor of it closing soon pops up every few months (I know, Ive heard the whole "Oh I heard from a reliable source  blah blah blah!"  LOL  Anyway, come check it out sometime!  See ya there!

Check for new replies or respond here...