inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what kind of music do you listen to?

Written By: nikkisixx#1 on 04/19/05 at 7:54 pm

I LISTEN TO ROCK LIKE FROM THE 80'S AND SOME COUNTRY I LIKE BUT NOT ALL COUNTRY.

Subject: Re: what kind of music do you listen to?

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/19/05 at 7:58 pm

If we're going from the 80's, here's some of my favorites in a few styles:

Arena Rock -- Journey, Foreigner, Eddie Money, Heart
Hard rock/hair metal -- Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Ozzy, Skid Row, AC/DC
Top 40 pop-rock -- Men at Work, Phil Collins, Lionel Richie

Oh, can't leave out Weird Al Yankovic, my songwriting/musical hero - even his originals are cool! ;)

Written By: MarcDaShark on 04/19/05 at 8:27 pm

In the 80's, I like everything from the New Wave scene, to the hip-hop scene:
New Order
Billy Idol
Depeche Mode
Afrika Bambaataa
Beastie Boys

In modern day:
Prodigy
Chemical Brothers
Crystal Method

I also write music in some of these forms.  So maybe, just maybe, I might post up some of my 80's style music  :)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/21/05 at 6:13 am

Top 40, whatevers on the radio, don't really have any definite tastes -YEAH, RIGHT! Of course I'm kidding, just felt like having a b*tch against those boring, colourless folk, who give that sort of answer, when asked what sort of music they like.
The name say it all, I am an 80s music head, especially for Culture Club/Boy George, though I love their more recent stuff as well. I also listen to George Michael, Split Enz, INXS, Cold Chisel, Siouxsie And The Banshees, Queen, Eurythmics, Uncanny X-Men, Sting/Police, Pink Floyd.....  I definitely don't think alot of what's on the radio -not that I listen- or the current video shows: hip hop and crap and angry-teen sh** like Simple Plan, bbbblllllllgggggghhhhh!!!!

Written By: NullandVoid on 04/21/05 at 1:22 pm

I listen to  80's New Wave. I also love 80's R&B even though some people like to pretend that it didn't exist >:(

Written By: sputnikcorp on 04/21/05 at 5:02 pm

i just listen to goth, anything dark and moody and lately i'm rediscovering my classical CDs that i had when i was a weird teen.

Written By: DevoRule on 04/21/05 at 7:19 pm

From the 80s New Wave. Otherwise, just what my brother listens to (mostly 90s and 2000s stuff but he has good taste)

Written By: poison7j on 04/22/05 at 12:54 am

I like the 80s rock/metal..

Written By: bj26 on 04/22/05 at 9:13 am

I like rock from 50s through the 00s.

Written By: robby76 on 04/22/05 at 12:58 pm

I love The Jets (Crush on You etc) and Five Star. Timeless classics.

Still into my 80's nostalgia... just bought Michael McDonalds Sweet Freedom cd again... ahh!

Written By: Alchoholica on 04/22/05 at 1:07 pm

Presumably you mean what kind of music from the 80's do we listen to?

Myself..

Metal, Hair Rock, Some New Wave stuff (Not Much) and the Old School Rap from the very late 80's.

Written By: bj26 on 04/22/05 at 3:02 pm

Presumably you mean what kind of music from the 80's do we listen to?

Myself..

Metal, Hair Rock, Some New Wave stuff (Not Much) and the Old School Rap from the very late 80's.

Ok then, 80s, I like pop rock of the 80s mostly melodic rock, Marshall Crenshaw, Split Endz, Crowded House, Romantics, a lot of the so called New Wave, most of the modern rock of the period, some heavy metal, and a little of the hair bands, and a smidgen of techno.

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 04/22/05 at 4:25 pm

I like all kinds of music,80's,90's,60',70's,50's, 40's and even some music today.

Check for new replies or respond here...