inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Freestyle Group/Artist

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/20/05 at 1:58 pm

Vote here.

Subject: Re: Best Freestyle Group/Artist

Written By: george78 on 04/20/05 at 4:57 pm

My vote definitely goes to Sweet Sensation. But the CoverGirls are not far behind.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 11:02 am

Other - TKA!!

Written By: 90s boy on 04/30/05 at 11:54 am

My vote definitely goes to Sweet Sensation. But the CoverGirls are not far behind.

i would go with Cover Girls and Lisa Lisa

Written By: 90s boy on 04/30/05 at 11:57 am

o i also forgot Cynthia she had songs like Theif Of Hearts What Will It Take and Dream Boy Dream Girl her time line might be from 1988 1989 1990 1991

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/30/05 at 5:25 pm

Expose followed by Sweet Sensation, Lisa Lisa, and Cover Girls

tanya

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/30/05 at 6:01 pm

Expose  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/01/05 at 5:30 pm

Never heard of any of these, are Sweet Sensation the band from the 70's??

Shows you how good they must be.

Written By: Kitteness on 05/02/05 at 1:09 am

Expose

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/02/05 at 1:39 am

Never heard of any of these, are Sweet Sensation the band from the 70's??

Shows you how good they must be.

You guys had a boyband called Sweet Sensation in the 70's. Here in the US, there was a girlband called Sweet Sensation which were from the "Freestyle" period. They had a single out in the UK which was a cover of the Supremes track "Love Child" and it flopped. Over her, they were massive. They had hits such as "Love Child", "Hooked On You", "Take It While It's Hot", "Never Let You Go", "(Goodbye Baby) Victim Of Love" to name but a few.

The Cover Girls were another band from the "Freesstyle" period. They released one single in the uk which was a cover of Rose Royce song "Wishing On A Star" and that also flopped. Their singles included "My Heart Skips A Beat", "Show Me", "Because Of You", "Promise Me", "Inside Outside", "We Can't Go Wrong", "One Night Affair", to name but a few.

Expose, on the other hand, were another band who were in the "Freestyle" period for part of it. They had a number 75 UK hit with "I'll Never Get Over You, Getting Over Me in 1993. Their other hits included "Let Me Be The One", "What You Don't Know", "Point Of No Return", "Exposed To Love", "Tell Me Why", "In Walked Love" (which, I believe was a hit for some called Louise) "When I Looked At Him", "As Long As I Can Dream" and the beautiful ballad "Seasons Change" which became the biggest selling single in the US in 1988.

You must have heard of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam? They had a massive hit in the uk with the song "Let The Beat Hit 'Em" in 1991.

George Lamond had a US only hit with the song "Bad Of The Heart" which was one of my faveourite songs from 1990. The song, I Don't think the song was released in the UK.

Not heard of Stevie B? He released a ballad in the UK called "Because I Love You (The Postman Song)" which I think was a uk number 6 hit in 1991.

Pretty Poison's "Catch Me (I'm Falling)" flopped in the uk, but spawned a top 10 hit right her in the US in 1987 peaking at number 8.

Debbie Deb's music is just out of this world. If you would like to find out what her music sounds like, then log on to:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1360419.

Or Unternitavly, you can read all about the history of "Latin Freestyle" by logging onto:

http://music.hyperreal.org/library/history_of_freestyle.html

Written By: george78 on 05/02/05 at 9:36 am

Don't forget Sweet Sensation's other hits, "If Wishes Came True" hitting #1 and "Sincerely Yours" peaking at #14.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 05/02/05 at 9:45 am

You guys had a boyband called Sweet Sensation in the 70's. Here in the US, there was a girlband called Sweet Sensation which were from the "Freestyle" period. They had a single out in the UK which was a cover of the Supremes track "Love Child" and it flopped. Over her, they were massive. They had hits such as "Love Child", "Hooked On You", "Take It While It's Hot", "Never Let You Go", "(Goodbye Baby) Victim Of Love" to name but a few.

The Cover Girls were another band from the "Freesstyle" period. They released one single in the uk which was a cover of Rose Royce song "Wishing On A Star" and that also flopped. Their singles included "My Heart Skips A Beat", "Show Me", "Because Of You", "Promise Me", "Inside Outside", "We Can't Go Wrong", "One Night Affair", to name but a few.

Expose, on the other hand, were another band who were in the "Freestyle" period for part of it. They had a number 75 UK hit with "I'll Never Get Over You, Getting Over Me in 1993. Their other hits included "Let Me Be The One", "What You Don't Know", "Point Of No Return", "Exposed To Love", "Tell Me Why", "In Walked Love" (which, I believe was a hit for some called Louise) "When I Looked At Him", "As Long As I Can Dream" and the beautiful ballad "Seasons Change" which became the biggest selling single in the US in 1988.

You must have heard of Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam? They had a massive hit in the uk with the song "Let The Beat Hit 'Em" in 1991.

George Lamond had a US only hit with the song "Bad Of The Heart" which was one of my faveourite songs from 1990. The song, I Don't think the song was released in the UK.

Not heard of Stevie B? He released a ballad in the UK called "Because I Love You (The Postman Song)" which I think was a uk number 6 hit in 1991.

Pretty Poison's "Catch Me (I'm Falling)" flopped in the uk, but spawned a top 10 hit right her in the US in 1987 peaking at number 8.

Debbie Deb's music is just out of this world. If you would like to find out what her music sounds like, then log on to:

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1360419.

Or Unternitavly, you can read all about the history of "Latin Freestyle" by logging onto:

http://music.hyperreal.org/library/history_of_freestyle.html

How very bizarre Karaoke Queen, you said you were living in England the other week.  ::) ::)

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/03/05 at 12:29 am

How very bizarre Karaoke Queen, you said you were living in England the other week.   ::) ::)
[I am from the US. I've got family that live in the UK

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/03/05 at 9:44 am

[I am from the US. I've got family that live in the UK

Do you have relatives in Lancashire?

Written By: popmusik on 05/03/05 at 8:36 pm

I voted for Expose even though I do like Sweet Sensation's "If Wishes Came True."

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/04/05 at 6:50 am

Expose

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 05/04/05 at 1:49 pm

Do you have relatives in Lancashire?

No. They live in Bedfordshire.

Written By: chaka on 05/04/05 at 1:51 pm

No. They live in Bedfordshire.

???are you always changing your mind ???
;)

Written By: Zebra on 05/13/05 at 4:41 pm

Freestyle - Don't stop the rock
Hashim - Al Naafysh (very rare in Germany)

Written By: Angelo on 05/14/05 at 2:34 am

EXPOSE all the way baby!!!  :D

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 11:35 pm

other:  Candi and the Backbeat :)

Check for new replies or respond here...