inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Taylor Daynce

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/21/05 at 8:21 pm

I saw her on a VH1 special "Remaking Taylor Dayne"  and she still look great.  8)  :-* 

Some of my favorite songs from her: "Tell It To My Heart", "Prove Your Love", & "Love Will Lead You Back".

Subject: Re: Taylor Daynce

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 04/21/05 at 9:11 pm

I meant "Talyor Dayne", not "Taylor Daynce"...my bad  :-[

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/21/05 at 11:57 pm

I saw her on a VH1 special "Remaking Taylor Dayne"  and she still look great.  8)  :-* 

Some of my favorite songs from her: "Tell It To My Heart", "Prove Your Love", & "Love Will Lead You Back".

I like "Prove Your Love" Too, but I just Love her version of "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love" and the gorgeous ballad "Heart Of Stone". Not so keen on "Tell It To My Heart". I much prefer the trance version from Kelly Llorenna from 2002.

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/22/05 at 12:00 am

one of my fave female artists  :)

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/22/05 at 12:05 am

one of my fave female artists  :)

Who? Taylor Dayne or Kelly Llorenna?

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/22/05 at 12:07 am

Taylor Dayne

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 04/22/05 at 12:14 am

Taylor Dayne

Check out Kelly Llorenna's version of "Tell It To My Heart" and you will think that Taylor Dayne has had her song remixed. An absolute brilliant cover from a trashy original.

Written By: ktelqueen on 04/22/05 at 12:23 am

Check out Kelly Llorenna's version of "Tell It To My Heart" and you will think that Taylor Dayne has had her song remixed. An absolute brilliant cover from a trashy original.

trashy original?yikes..i love that song but cool i'll check it out.. ;)

Subject: "Remaking" Episode

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/22/05 at 2:00 am

I remember being introduced to Taylor Dayne the way I was with alot of artists in the early 90's - seeing the videos on VH1 and MTV (the latter, especially, took up probably half my TV viewing when I was 10!).

"With Every Beat of my Heart" is probably my favorite upbeat hit (even better than "Tell it..." I also like the ballad "Love Will lead you Back" and "Heart of Stone" which was still slow but somewhat poppish.

SPOILERS

Anyway, I just watched the Remaking episode tonight. So far I'm really liking this series (the only other show I've seen is Vince Neil - enjoyed it too. I've been a Motley fan for about 6-7 years now). In short, they take an older artist who's been out of the spotlight for some time. People do things like picking out new clothes, getting the artists in shape with a personal trainer, and working with a "hot" producer and others in the music industry in order to revamp their image, etc.

Well, they worked on new dance routines, and some very minor facial makeovers (although, in this writer's opinion, she looked just fine even at the beginning!! Hardly appears to be in the late 30's, which I'd guess is about how old she is now).

The end result was an upbeat single called "Right Now" and even though I wasn't sure what to expect at fist, I've gotta say I like it! With its propulsive dance rhythm and urban rock edge, it sounds not unlike a 2005 version of one of her rockier songs like "You Can't Fight Fate." Seems like it could fit in well with today - well, it almost definitely would be a smash in the hands of a newer artist, but I really hope they (the public) ends up giving her a second chance.

PS: For anyone who has (or will) see the ep: Did anyone get a little sad/annoyed at the beginning, when a few people in the audience were basically falling asleep and/or hardly paying attention? With a song as fun as "With Every Beat", how do you possibly not get up and dance - or at least in my case, try really poorly to?  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...