inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: fans of 80's music rejoice

Written By: gord on 04/24/05 at 12:54 pm

One of the local radio stations here that typically plays top 40, has for years set aside Saturday nights for a flashback evening, just playing 60s & 70s music. Well I turned it on last night and I was blown away, it is now all 80s Saturday night. And I was left feeling a little bit older all of a sudden ;)

Subject: Re: fans of 80's music rejoice

Written By: zcrito on 04/24/05 at 2:56 pm

What kind of '80s songs did they play. The stuff that gets played all the time or some other good '80s music?

Written By: gord on 04/24/05 at 3:54 pm

What kind of '80s songs did they play. The stuff that gets played all the time or some other good '80s music?

I heard a Police song, which is ok, something else I don't remember before the announcer came on and said you were listening to all 80's Saturday night, I put on a Genesis cd.  I bet they played Cyndi Lauper, Huey Luis & the News, Tina Turner, The Eurythmics, Bryan Adams, Madonna, typical 80s top 40. So I guess it depends on what you call "good 80's music" ;) :)

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 10:06 am

I heard a Police song, which is ok, something else I don't remember before the announcer came on and said you were listening to all 80's Saturday night, I put on a Genesis cd.  I bet they played Cyndi Lauper, Huey Luis & the News, Tina Turner, The Eurythmics, Bryan Adams, Madonna, typical 80s top 40. So I guess it depends on what you call "good 80's music" ;) :)

Is it Todd Pettengill?  I'm in NY and I love his morning show...however, I don't like his Saturday Night 80's as much as I liked what PLJ had before with Jamie Lee.  Anyone else agree?

Check for new replies or respond here...