inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Breakfast Club

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/24/05 at 1:02 pm

...where all people of diffrent Characters, have nothin in common execpt each other...man what a great movie never gets old...Especially where Simple Minds - Dont you(forget about me) title song, clearly defines the movie...plus the ending..
.....:starts walking...puts hand in clenched fist and raise it up with a smile:...plus has nayone noticed the song played during the main menu in the DVD High School Renunion Collection when Brian is talking....there is something aobut it that is 80's and...i dunno...i jsut want to know other opinions of this movies and possibly explore other opinions i havent thought of yet...

Subject: Re: The Breakfast Club

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/24/05 at 10:46 pm

:) You're right, it is an absolute classic. It actually aired on TV the other night. I dearly wanted to stay up and watch it, but it was late, I'd had a long day and a few drinks, so unfortunately I couldn't stay awake. And "Don't You Forget About Me" is just as classic. I actually rented the Breakfast Club video some years back, because I was so wanting to hear that song again. I have often wondered if the Simple Minds didn't write it espescially for the movie. Does anyone know?
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/078322687X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Written By: Climber on 04/25/05 at 1:06 pm

This was one of my favorite movies in the 80s.  I haven't watched it in years, though.  My dad never saw it, but he assumed it was a bunch of troublemakers sitting around b*tching about their parents & teachers.  He never even saw it, but he hated it.

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/25/05 at 4:35 pm

My dad never saw it, but he assumed it was a bunch of troublemakers sitting around b*tching about their parents & teachers.  He never even saw it, but he hated it.
I got my older brother (who was a highschool teacher) to watch it with me once. He could not get into it, simply because he could not get over the unreality of a bunch of kids doing a detention unsupervised.  ::) Well, hello, it's a movie, not the 9 o'clock news!

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/25/05 at 4:44 pm

Oh I love 'The Breakfast Club'

Though unfortunately so do a lot of my friends. This can be troublesome for me as my real name is:

Claire.

Answer the question, Claire.

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/25/05 at 9:14 pm

Though unfortunately so do a lot of my friends. This can be troublesome for me as my real name is:

Claire.

lol "Claire?...thats a fat girls name" ....lol j/k

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/26/05 at 2:58 pm

lol "Claire?...thats a fat girls name" ....lol j/k

That's ok, you just demonstrated my point!
:D

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/26/05 at 3:14 pm

what about the song played during the main menu in the DVD High School Renunion Collection when Brian is talking....there is something about it that is 80's and...i dunno...it makes me feel good...like in the 80's again

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/05 at 6:00 pm

I was the perfect age for it when it was released, fifteen!  It remains a big favorite of mine, though I find the television broadcast unbearable for their excessive censorship.  For instance, when John Bender says, "Eat my shorts!," they substitute "socks."  Completely over the top.  Likewise, whenever Claire says "Oh my God!," they subsitute "Oh my Lord!"  That sounds less like an '80s high school student and more like your 80-year old Aunt Harriet!  There are many other examples I'm sure you can think of, not the least of which is the censorship of the actual joint-smoking.

Written By: Frayo on 04/27/05 at 7:11 am

I love the soundtrack.

Karla Devito - We Are Not Alone
and especially

Wang Chung - Fire in the Twilight....

rocked everything. Forsey is my freaking hero.

Written By: Triviamom on 04/28/05 at 4:00 pm

" Does Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?" ;D

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 04/28/05 at 5:48 pm

" Does Barry Manilow know you raided his wardrobe?" ;D

"Give you the answer to that question Mr. Bender, Next Saturday........Dont Mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns"...i love that quote...espically when he just give another detention "Next Saturday"...Paul Gleason.. did Richard Vernon Awesomely

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/29/05 at 5:40 am

"Give you the answer to that question Mr. Bender, Next Saturday........Dont Mess with the bull young man, you'll get the horns"...i love that quote...espically when he just give another detention "Next Saturday"...Paul Gleason.. did Richard Vernon Awesomely

I'm training to be a teacher, I wonder if I'll be as bitter and twisted as him?? Hope not. I don't dress like Barry Manilow though.

Written By: Arvig on 04/29/05 at 9:21 am

Claire.

Unrelated to The Breakfast Club, but I do have a friend who's named Dan and was a Lieutenant in the Navy...he really hated it when Forest Gump came out, even if the Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump was in the Army.  ;)

Then again, my initials are ET.  'nuff said.

Written By: Sugafairey on 04/29/05 at 12:41 pm

Unrelated to The Breakfast Club, but I do have a friend who's named Dan and was a Lieutenant in the Navy...he really hated it when Forest Gump came out, even if the Lieutenant Dan in Forrest Gump was in the Army.  ;)

Then again, my initials are ET.  'nuff said.

I can relate, lol

Written By: kimls1 on 04/29/05 at 6:59 pm

"If I have to come in here again, I'm crackin' skulls"

Written By: rudey on 05/15/05 at 6:34 am

plus has nayone noticed the song played during the main menu in the DVD High School Renunion Collection when Brian is talking....there is something aobut it

Referring to the above.. im also interested in finding out what the song is.. I've exhausted searching for various terms in google to find out, but no luck as of yet.

Cheers
-Rudey

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 05/15/05 at 10:54 pm

plus has nayone noticed the song played during the main menu in the DVD High School Renunion Collection when Brian is talking....there is something aobut it

Referring to the above.. im also interested in finding out what the song is.. I've exhausted searching for various terms in google to find out, but no luck as of yet.

Cheers
-Rudey

u noticed it too??? dude dont u think thats song in the main menu adds some sort of Symbolism to it....awesome bro!!!...thought i was the only one who thought that

Written By: rudey on 05/16/05 at 3:01 am

u noticed it too??? dude dont u think thats song in the main menu adds some sort of Symbolism to it....awesome bro!!!...thought i was the only one who thought that

Oh hell yeah! I sometimes just sit here with the dvd menu playing in the background.. although that sometimes does get a bit repetitive. I'd like to find the whole song.. as I agree with you - it does add some sort of symbolism of some kind to it. Just need to find it!! :D

Have a good one.. in the meantime I'll still be searching for it :P

Cheers

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 05/16/05 at 3:32 pm

well post it here if u find it somehow some way.....

Check for new replies or respond here...