inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: (Poll) Dreaming Of Reunions...

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/24/05 at 11:22 pm

This is going to stir up some major debating!
Granted, in a perfect, 80's-friendly world, they'd all get back together, or better yet, never have broken up in the first place!
But give us your opinions(up to 3 choices), and did I leave anyone out?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Subject: Re: (Poll) Dreaming Of Reunions...

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/24/05 at 11:59 pm

My favourite, Culture Club have already got back together and released a wonderful album in '99. I hope they make many more. Eurythmics will no doubt keep getting back together, because I suspect they are co-dependent. That would only leave the Uncanny X-Men. They re-united and toured 7 years ago, to celebrate the release of their most poular album on CD. I missed it, or rather didn't even hear about it at the time! I've seen Brian Mannix preform 3 times in the past year. He's amazing, but he always does the same 3 songs. I want to hear all their hits, plus the other songs they used to rock da house with. For Brian to do a full set would be awersome, even better with Ronnie and Chucky and the other boyz too! 8)
Of course, I wish that Queen and INXS had never broken up, :\'( but sh** happens, beautiful people die and we all just gotta move on!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/25/05 at 1:17 am

I almost forgot, I think it would be great if Pink Floyd could re-unite, WITH Roger Waters. Roger is such an insane genius and has such a unique voice. Sure, Dave Gilmour has a pretty decent rock voice, but Roger Waters has such fire and passion in his vocals, not to mention the songs he wrote!

Written By: krakboi on 04/25/05 at 2:17 am

My vote is other.  It would be pretty fraking incredible to see the Smiths re-unite.

Written By: Climber on 04/25/05 at 12:57 pm

I chose Journey, because I've never seen them in concert, and it would be great to see them with Steve Perry.  It's just not the same when they replace key members in bands...

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 04/25/05 at 5:02 pm

It's just not the same when they replace key members in bands...
How right you are! I heard the other day that Queen were going on tour with some other lead singer, but Queen without Freddie just doesn't interest me that much. Ditto for INXS without Hutchense. :\'(

Written By: Dagwood on 04/25/05 at 6:29 pm

Journey

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/25/05 at 6:34 pm

I hear you, guys. What were the guys in Genesis thinking when they tried to replace Phil?
With Van Halen, OTOH, I think it's safe to say that Sammy is no better or worse than Dave, just different.
Of course the strangest replacing issue came with Fleetwood Mac in 1990, I think. Don't get me wrong, Behind The Mask was a very good album, but Lindsey had to be rolling on the floor laughing at the fact that they hired TWO guitarists to replace him!
Any more thoughts?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/26/05 at 12:01 am

Genesis, Journey and The Police!

Never will happen, I bet!

Tanya

Written By: Indy Gent on 04/26/05 at 1:17 pm

Other: The Bangles, Faith Band

Written By: mr.smith s on 04/26/05 at 4:03 pm

My vote is other.  It would be pretty fraking incredible to see the Smiths re-unite.

LOL,  actually VH1 Bands tried to reunite the Smiths and aftwer waiting many hours to speato Morrissey, there was no comment.  LOL!

That would be so aweome if there was any possible way to settle their disputes.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/26/05 at 5:39 pm

Hey, what a co-inki-dink! I'm listening to "Hatful of Hollow" right now!
The Smiths is my fantasy reunion too...
but it's never gonna happen!
:\'(

Written By: banglebabe on 05/16/05 at 7:40 am

Other: The Bangles, Faith Band

The Bangles have been back together for about 6 years now. They've even done touring and released a cd so check it out...

www.thebangles.com

It's some of the best work they've ever done.

Written By: Zebra on 05/16/05 at 3:56 pm

Ok. I vote for Genesis. Only reason is - like the music most from the other choices....
And i voted OTHER for the Band with the most POWER in the 80s. The one and only
Frankie Goes To Hollywood:)

Written By: cagesundercage on 05/16/05 at 5:37 pm

i'd like to see talk talk reunite more than any of the bands listed, i think they would still be capable of writing decent songs after all these years.

i love genesis, but i think their days have long been gone.

Written By: Starr on 05/17/05 at 9:18 am

Other : The Smiths

Check for new replies or respond here...