inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Any OMD fans? Please help!

Written By: ADH13 on 04/25/05 at 1:51 am

I was trying to find the title to an OMD song that begins with "Little Catholic girl who's fallen in love" so I googled the lyrics, and I found a couple different sites which showed the full lyrics to the song I'm looking for and they said the title was Joan of Arc.

So I downloaded Joan of Arc, but when I played it, it wasn't the right one.  The one I got had a big instrumental intro and the lyrics began with "If Joan of Arc had a heart" and it was a completely different song.

So now I'm confused.  If anyone knows where the mix-up is, I'd appreciate your help. :)

Subject: Re: Any OMD fans? Please help!

Written By: Marty McFly on 04/25/05 at 6:03 am

I never thought it'd happen, but I think an 80's song has successfully stumped me, LOL!

It's funny you mentioned Joan of Arc 'cause the only song in history I know of to use that was from '99, a Tal Bachman pop/rock hit called "She's so High" - I instantly remembered it on first listen because of that. ;)

Anyway, I'm not familiar with OMD outside of "If you Leave", but I'll check Amazon & Allmusic.com out to see what else they did.

Written By: karen on 04/25/05 at 6:16 am

I am fairly certain that OMD did two songs about Joan of Arc.  One is called Joan of Arc and one is called Maid of Orleans.  maybe that is where the confusion arose?

I found this site which starts with the "little Catholic girl who's fallen in love" phrase.  Perhaps you could Google another line from it to find the download you want?

http://www.azchords.com/o/omd-tabs-15230/joanofarc-tabs-153246.html

Written By: Paul on 04/25/05 at 6:52 am

They certainly confused a lot of people with this one...

Both songs are from their 1981 album 'Architecture & Morality' - even more confusingly, both tracks follwed each other on the LP and both were released as singles (after 'Souvenir')...

The first was 'Joan Of Arc' (which is the one you're after) in late '81, follwed by 'Maid Of Orleans (The Waltz Joan Of Arc') in early '82...

If it's helpful, 'Joan Of Arc' clocks in at under four minutes, whilst 'Maid Of Orleans' is over four...

Written By: Gis on 04/25/05 at 10:40 am

Beat me to it Paul ! I had the album once though I've no idea where it is now  :-\\ .

Written By: ADH13 on 04/25/05 at 2:59 pm

Thank you so much Paul.. I thought I was losing my mind, or that the lyrics sites were completely unreliable. :)  I really appreciate your help.  And thanks to everyone else who tried!

Written By: ADH13 on 04/25/05 at 3:14 pm

Anyway, I'm not familiar with OMD outside of "If you Leave", but I'll check Amazon & Allmusic.com out to see what else they did.

i recommend "Dreaming" - I think it is the best song OMD has done.  Also, if you ever hear "Secret" or "Forever Live & Die" you will probably say "Oh yeah, I know these songs!"  They were also on the radio quite a bit back in the day.

Written By: Dan78 on 04/28/05 at 9:52 pm

I remember hearing a lot of "(Forever) Live and Die" on the radio back in the fall of '86! I love that song. It took me a long time to find that song again. I own the OMD Singles CD with the single version on it. Somewhere out there, there is a rare extended version of the song. It was released on a LP single when it came out in '86. I don't know if it's on CD today. I also remember "So In Love" being played on the radio often back in November of '85. There was a rare extended version of that song too. I have not found these on CD yet.

Check for new replies or respond here...