inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: We Are The World vote / Cantare Cantaras

Written By: robby76 on 04/26/05 at 7:44 am

Who do you reckon gave the best and the not-so-good vocal performance on We Are The World... please try and be objective.

Mine are:

Best: Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Kenny Loggins

Not so good: Al Jarreau, Willie Nelson

AND does anyone remember the Latino/spanish song "Cantare Cantaras" in 1985... it was like We Are The World and had Julio Iglesias, Menudo, Irene Cara, Cheech Martin, Miami Sound Machine etc on it. It was and still is one of my fave 80's songs... and I'm not even Spanish and don't understand the lyrics!

Subject: Re: We Are The World vote / Cantare Cantaras

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/26/05 at 10:50 am

Ok well I started to list a few that I think were great and I ended up listed a ton of them.  To me they all sounded great together.

The parts with Steve Perry and Kenny Loggins give me goosebumps  :)

Cyndi Lauper Rocks  ::)

Written By: Climber on 04/26/05 at 10:46 pm

It's been so long since I've heard that song, I couldn't tell you anymore who I liked & didn't like vocally...

Written By: robby76 on 04/29/05 at 8:06 am

Does no-one remember "Cantare Cantaras"???

Anyone willing to blatantly lie to keep me happy???

Anyway... if any of you have Kazaa pls download it and give it a listen.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 9:55 am

Who do you reckon gave the best and the not-so-good vocal performance on We Are The World... please try and be objective.

Mine are:

Best: Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson, Kenny Loggins

Not so good: Al Jarreau, Willie Nelson

AND does anyone remember the Latino/spanish song "Cantare Cantaras" in 1985... it was like We Are The World and had Julio Iglesias, Menudo, Irene Cara, Cheech Martin, Miami Sound Machine etc on it. It was and still is one of my fave 80's songs... and I'm not even Spanish and don't understand the lyrics!

I say Stevie and Michael now, but in junior high, when it came out, I loved the Cyndi Lauper part.

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 9:56 am

And no, sorry Robb, I do not remember Cantare Cantreras.  I'll look on Rhapsody though.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/30/05 at 12:23 pm

And no, sorry Robb, I do not remember Cantare Cantreras.  I'll look on Rhapsody though.

I dont rememeber that song either  ???

Check for new replies or respond here...