inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Future Fantasy Surreal Life Cast Members

Written By: iluvthe80s on 04/29/05 at 8:12 am

Which stars of 80's film, music, or tv would you like to see on the reality series The Surreal Life?

Since they had Motley Crue's Vince Neil on the first season, I'd like them to bring on another Heavy Metal hottie, Poison's
Bret Michaels.  They could also have the other half of the Coreys, Corey Haim (personally, I thought he was cuter than Corey Feldman).  And from tv, they should have Gary Coleman and Todd Bridges from Different Strokes and put them in the same cast!

Subject: Re: Future Fantasy Surreal Life Cast Members

Written By: MarcDaShark on 04/29/05 at 9:39 am

Paul Reubens (aka PeeWee Herman), Billy Idol, Molly Ringwald, Cyndi Lauper, Grandmaster Flash, and Boy George.

I'm not really a fan of Cyndi Lauper or Boy George, but they could make the show a little more interesting.

Written By: Woops (Electric Youth) on 04/29/05 at 10:29 pm

Thankfully, Deborah Gibson has turned down VH1 to be on "The Surreal Life".  ;)  8)

She's already successful in theatre & still puts out great music.  8) 

IMO, like all reality shows, it's embarassing and all are awful...

Though Bobby & Whitney could appear on a "crossover episode" with their reality show...  ::)  :P

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 04/30/05 at 2:23 am

Hmmm...

Tiffany, Jani Lane from Warrant, Josh Saviano (Paul from the Wonder Years), Rhonda Shear from USA Up!! All Night, Gedde Watanabe (Long Duk Dong from 16 Candles), and Kelly McGillis from Top Gun.

Now would I watch it?  I agree with you, Woops, on reality TV.  I was into the first two Survivors, but after that the whole thing became so boring and in many cases pathetic that I stopped watching.

Written By: woops on 04/30/05 at 6:07 pm

How about He Man, Jem, Alf, Donkey Kong, Optimus Prime, Skelator, and even Scrappy Doo on "Drawn Together"...  :D

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/30/05 at 9:51 pm

I dont know if this is real but check out this picture, if its real he looks..well AWFUL

http://www.gastonl.com/public/corey_haim.jpg

I would LOVE to see Cyndi Lauper on there, she is hilarious.  But isnt it for "has-beens"?  (Sorry Jane)  I love the Surreal life Season 4, they are pretty funny!

Maybe Tiffany, The chick who played Blossom, Candace or Kirk Cameron, Pee Wee herman WOULD be hilarious, Jennifer Grey, the chick that played Audrey on National Lampoons Vacation, Jason Priestley, Cher would be awesome, I could go on and on....

Written By: Jennifer028 on 04/30/05 at 9:56 pm

Also Stacy Keenan from "My two dads" , Punky Brewster  :)

Fred Savage from "Wonder Years" or Winnie would be cool too.

And Charlie Maher from "The Bachelorette" since I went to school with him.

http://images-partners.google.com/images?q=tbn:uiRho5LHLTQJ:i.ivillage.com/E/rd/new_charlie_small.jpg

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/01/05 at 1:33 pm

Becky(old becky) or Darleen from Roseanne would be funny too

Written By: AL-B on 05/01/05 at 1:43 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if they could somehow get this guy on the Surreal Life:
http://www.corporatemofo.com/Pix/040321headroom.jpg

Check for new replies or respond here...