inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What toy is this?

Written By: BUBBA on 04/30/05 at 11:04 pm

Ok, well I have no idea how to insert a picture, but I am trying to figure out what stuffed toy I have, and I seem to remember it is from the 80s.  It is a 14" tall red furry monster guy with big googly eyes and his tongue sticking out, and you can stick your hand in back of him to make his mouth work...kinda like a puppet.  On his tag he says manufactured by Yangjee company.  Any ideas?  Its driving me crazy because I just cant remember!

Thanks
Jamie

Subject: Re: What toy is this?

Written By: Skippy on 05/01/05 at 3:25 am

Almost describes "Animal" of the Muppets to a tee.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/01/05 at 6:42 am

http://www.index.hr/indexklub/upload/_muppets-animal%202.jpg
One image of Animal from the Muppets for you.

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/01/05 at 1:30 pm

Sounds like Animal to me too..I had that puppet when I was a kid.

Written By: barbara on 11/10/10 at 12:21 am

This is a long shot but I to am looking for that name of the toy u described I have a green on a white one and a red one my dad use to tease us with the green one he called mot mot  but I don't think that's the name? Ugg I really want to know.. hope u can help.. its not an animal or a gremlin puppet just a fuz ball with glowing eyes stubby arms and feet and a tongue that flops out and a place for your hand in the back so u can work the mouth ..

Written By: Tanya1976 on 11/10/10 at 11:00 pm

Sounds like My Pet Monster

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/11/10 at 11:04 am

It sounds like My Pet Mpnster, only he was blue.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/14/10 at 6:49 pm

Here's My Pet Monster's 2001 reboot.

Here's a link to some 1986 originals.  Note the "Rark" figure at the bottom of the page - if there was more than one character in the series, maybe that's one of them?

Another possibility; I found something else from Yangjee in while googling around.  Apparently they were made in various styles/colors, but does this Furble look familiar?

Written By: Holly on 10/09/12 at 6:14 am

Yes!  It is a furble!!  I have been trying to remember what they were called.  My brother and I had one when we were little...glad to finally figure it out!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FURBLE-red-vintage-plush-puppet-stuffed-toy-Carson-Pierre-Scott-/300779209522
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FURBLE-blue-vintage-plush-puppet-Carson-Pierre-Scott-/300580547272

Written By: karen on 10/09/12 at 11:47 am

karma to Foo for working it out

Check for new replies or respond here...