inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone remember Sapphire "I'm Thinking of You"?

Written By: slwoodward2 on 05/03/05 at 2:09 pm

I am having trouble finding this song anywhere. Does anyone remember this? Everytime I do a search for the song, the Selena song with the same title comes up. Does anyone know where to find this song???

Subject: Re: Anyone remember Sapphire "I'm Thinking of You"?

Written By: george78 on 05/04/05 at 8:41 am

It's actually spelled Safire. She is a legend in the Freestyle genre. Safire emerged in 1986. At the time, the style of music was called Latin Hip-Hop. Her first single was "Don't Break My Heart" followed by 1987's "Let Me The One".  Both were instant club hits. She released her first album in July of '88, it contained more dance hits, "Boy I've Been Told" and "Gonna Make It". In 1989, her first ballad was the Top 15 hit, "I'm Thinking of You".

Her next album, "I Wasn't Born Yesterday" included the hits "Made Up My Mind" and the house track, "Taste the Bass". Since then she has kept recording and releasing more dance material and Spanish language albums. In 2001, she teamed up with another Freestyle legend, Cynthia, to record the hit, "Can You Stand The Rain", produced by Tony Moran.

Safire still performs across the country at various shows.

As for the single, "I'm Thinking Of You", it's on the VERY rare first album. I believe it is out of print. You can still buy it online, but it is expensive! On Ebay, the cd usually sells for $40-$50. 

Written By: AnnieBanannie on 05/04/05 at 8:33 pm

I am having trouble finding this song anywhere. Does anyone remember this? Everytime I do a search for the song, the Selena song with the same title comes up. Does anyone know where to find this song???

WOW.  I had no idea how rare Sa-Fire's stuff had become!  I used to have the cassette, but it got lost i the shuffle someplace.  I have "Thinking Of You" on at least one mix tape, but unfortunately that's a cassette, and I can't send you an mp3...otherwise I would.  I hate wanting to hear a song and not being able to.  I checked WinMX file share and can't find anything right now; I also checked on Rhapsody, but they don't seem to have a lot of freestyle artists available.

Good luck...

Written By: KROQ_80s_Fan on 05/05/05 at 4:45 pm

The song is included on the CD compilation ROMANTIC HITS OF THE 80's.  I have this CD.

You may contact me if interested.

Written By: pcxo on 05/13/05 at 7:03 pm

yes, check compilation cds...because I have Romantic Hits of the 80's too... Check used record stores too, because I've seen her cassettes pop up there, and her later cds pop up at a place called mediaplay that has a section of used and reduced price cds.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/13/05 at 7:22 pm

Heck yeah, I remember this song! I love it today as I did then!

Sa-fire was one of the great freestyle artists, in my opinion!

Tanya

Written By: Angelo on 05/14/05 at 2:29 am

HI! I love this song. I downloaded a mp3 of it on Limewire (a great p2p program).  You can download it at  www.limewire.com   and its free!  I have the mp3 on my comp (as well as some other cool freestyle songs) and I can send it over AIM.  My AIM screename is :  slave4u12202
IM when ya get a chance :)

Written By: KP Nut on 05/14/05 at 5:35 pm

I wish I had that song on Cd,too. Along with C'Mon and Get My Love by The DMob with Cathy Dennis. Sa-Fire's Thinking of You reminds me of my 8th Grade year at Middle school.Girls did it for lip-sync. Sa-Fire is pretty! :) I also miss Irresistable by Cathy Dennis,and I don't know what the D- as in D-Mob means. :-\\ I love the song,C'Mon and Get My Love by The D-Mob with Cathy Dennis.It is so hard to find. :( It takes me back when I was a freshman in high school. :P

Written By: markoz on 03/31/09 at 2:44 pm

In fact I have that song in My Music downloads. Can pass if on if you'd like=

Written By: markoz on 03/31/09 at 2:52 pm

In fact I have that song in My Music downloads. Can pass if on if you'd like=

If you download Limewire, and type in the Advanced search under 'artist' the name Safire a list of songs she performed are there for the taking.

Written By: Doc Brown on 04/04/09 at 3:16 pm

Wasn't the Selena song "Dreaming Of You"?

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Check for new replies or respond here...