inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Britney Spears was to collaborate w/ Duran Duran(?)

Written By: Meg on 05/05/05 at 7:13 am

I had read about this a couple of months ago.  DD had originally planned to release their latest album with several collaborations on it.  They were supposed to work with Gwen Stefani, Justin Timberlake, Usher and a few other singers.  But one of them was supposedly Britney Spears!  I hope this isn't true, because Britney is pure 100% white trash skankiness, and Duran Duran is pure 100% style and sex appeal.  (With the exception of Nick)  So, if anybody has any information on this, please answer back!

Subject: Re: Britney Spears was to collaborate w/ Duran Duran(?)

Written By: Sick of Britney on 05/05/05 at 5:13 pm

I hope it's a rumor.

Subject: Re: Britney Spears was to collaborate w/ Duran Duran(?)

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/05/05 at 7:30 pm

Even though it never happened, I may be in the minority of thinking that's cool.

I always liked "cross genre" type stuff for a couple reasons - mainly I think it can pick up new fans who otherwise wouldn't be into the opposite style (e.g. Britney fans checking out some of DD's 80's hits as a result - sorta like how Run DMC's remake of "Walk this Way" was the seed of the rap/rock thing in the 90's and today).

Check for new replies or respond here...