inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BTTF speculatory question!?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/08/05 at 6:51 pm

I was thinking about how, we're only 10 years away from being in 2015 - the same year as the "future" in BTTF 2 was. It's pretty obvious our 2015 will be nothing like theirs was (which doesn't surprise me. Even in the early 90's, I was sure it wouldn't be - as it was just a comical, exaggerated "80's like" future).

That said, it's also a little too late for a sequel to be made (Bob Gale & Robert Zemeckis - writer and director - have sworn off this since Part 3 was completed as well). Michael J Fox, though still young looking, wouldn't really be able to pull off 17 anymore - same with "Biff", "Lorraine" etc.

So, since alot of movies are remade, it would not surprise me if BTTF got this treatment some time down the road. If they do this, what do you think about the idea of, somehow Marty & Doc (for better or worse, portrayed by new actors) doing something to mess "their" world up, ending up in "our" 2015 and wondering why everything is so "horribly" different?  :D

Subject: Re: BTTF speculatory question!?

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 05/08/05 at 8:42 pm

I read a fanfic years ago that explained that 2015 would not be the 2015 Marty and Doc saw because Doc was no longer around to invent so many of those things like hover boards and hover cars,....he was back in the 19th century with Clara and his kids.  Ofcourse it still doesn't make much sense.

Written By: Webstor on 05/08/05 at 11:36 pm

As far as I know, Doc only invented the time machine...he was not responsible for hover cars and hoverboards.
2015 would not be the one they saw because of any and all events that took place once they left 2015 and went back into the past.....

Doc said it at the end of Back to the Future 3.....the future hasnt been written yet..its whatever you make it....so make it a good one...

Written By: migi on 05/10/05 at 1:37 am

I don't think their're going to remake BTTF at least for 10 years but if&when they do it, it's ok 4 me as long as it's happening in the 1985!

Written By: MysteryGoat on 05/10/05 at 1:53 am

I can see it now. They start in the year 2015. Just like in the first movie Marty goes back 30 years, which would end up in 1985. In the second movie they go 30 years in the future to whatever their 2015 future counterpart would be, and proabably still hoping for flying cars, video windows, and probably a hover sadeway scooter. In the third movie they go 100 years in the past to 1915. Doc falls in love with a teacher in a run away Ford, when marty travels back he zips into a military testing range and the fuel tank gets shot with a stray bullet, this time they got gas though so I'm not really sure how to end it. Hey a forum project!  :)

Written By: Kryllith on 05/10/05 at 8:16 am

I can see a movie where Marty and Doc go back in time in search of the original actress who played Jennifer. :)

Written By: MysteryGoat on 05/10/05 at 12:42 pm

I can see a movie where Marty and Doc go back in time in search of the original actress who played Jennifer. :)

I always liked the second one better, she was prettier.  :)

Written By: Climber on 05/11/05 at 12:31 am

Found this on IMDB.com...

"Biography for
Claudia Wells (I)

Birth name
Claudia G. Wells
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height
5' 3" (1.60 m)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivia
Is probably best remembered as Michael J. Fox's girlfriend, Jennifer, in Back to the Future (1985). She was replaced in the sequels by Elisabeth Shue.

Was unable to reprise the role of Jennifer Parker, Marty McFly's girlfriend in the sequels to Back To The Future (1985) due to health problems."

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920148/bio

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/15/05 at 7:30 am

I read a fanfic years ago that explained that 2015 would not be the 2015 Marty and Doc saw because Doc was no longer around to invent so many of those things like hover boards and hover cars,....he was back in the 19th century with Clara and his kids. Ofcourse it still doesn't make much sense.

I write and read BTTF fanfic myself - it's cool that other people know of it! :)

I've thought about this too. Like maybe 'cause Marty took that kid's skateboard in '55, he later invented hoverboards, LOL. However, in reality, I'm pretty sure hovercars and thumbprint/voice technology, etc. simply was invented in the BTTF world on its own.

In other words, let's say Marty went to 2015 at the beginng of the movie (instead of 1955), the 2015 he'd arrive in should be one where George would still be a nerd, and Biff a bully etc. But since that really wouldn't have any impact on anyone outside Hill Valley, the town itself should still look identical. ;)

PS: It would have been cool to see the "Biff is Evil" 2015 - I bet that would be a bit different from the 2015 in Part 2 if we saw the town square. In fact, Gale & Zemeckis even said before, they had Old Biff steal the DeLorean from Marty's future neighborhood, where it was already run down, so the changes wouldn't be as noticeable.

(When they're going back into the DeLorean carrying Jennifer, it should technically have already changed around them.)

Written By: Chris Fulmer on 05/15/05 at 8:31 pm

I read once that had the alternate timeline that Biff created by going back been kept in effect, he would have been shot by Lorraine in the mid 90s.  Hence, things may or may not have been the way we would imagine. 

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/16/05 at 12:43 am

I read once that had the alternate timeline that Biff created by going back been kept in effect, he would have been shot by Lorraine in the mid 90s. Hence, things may or may not have been the way we would imagine.

Yeah, the DVD commentary says that, as well as in the old "Secrets of the BTTF Trilogy" tape from 1990 (hosted by Kirk Cameron!).

I always liked that explanation - if I were Lorraine, I'd shoot Biff! ;)

It logically makes sense too that if he were killed in '96, 20 years later, it would be long enough for his power and influence on the country to diminish. Hill Valley might've gotten a little better, so "Evil Biff 2015" might've looked closer to 2015 in the original timeline (second original, actually, but ya know).

Subject: I have a question dues!!

Written By: Dude111 on 02/19/18 at 4:53 am

I read a fanfic years ago that explained that 2015 would not be the 2015 Marty and Doc saw because Doc was no longer around to invent so many of those things like hover boards and hover cars,....he was back in the 19th century with Clara and his kids.

I would LOVE knowing and no one has ever answered this... HOW DID DOC BUILD THAT TRAIN WHEN HE WAS STUCK IN 1885?? (@ the end of part 3)

Its very confusing!!

Check for new replies or respond here...