inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michael Jackson videos banned on VH1 Classic!!!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/15/05 at 5:40 pm

Why?

Classic movie channels can't ban  "Gone With The Wind" & other "politically incorrect" movies since they're classic.

The asme goes for music videos from the King of Pop!

Subject: Re: Michael Jackson videos banned on VH1 Classic!!!

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/15/05 at 8:08 pm

Rediculous isn't it?!! Talk about playing God! Same as the radio stations that refused to play Boy George's music after 1986, when he was done for posessing heroin. Of course, they continued to play the music of David  Bowie, the Rolling Stones and other well-known drug users. Michael Jackson has not even been found giulty yet and VH1 have condemned him to death! Perhaps they think they're avoidong controversy by doing so, but I always thought they're mission was to promote good music, "Music 1st",  not necesarily good people. Guilty or not, Michael Jaclson has become the popular scapegoat of the day! >:(

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/15/05 at 9:53 pm

Yes but they still have that creepy cartoon of him for the ad of "Pop Show"  ::) :P

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/15/05 at 9:57 pm

In the '80's, he wuz the King of Pop  8) Whether you liked him or not, he had tons of hits & great videos!!!

Written By: woops on 05/15/05 at 10:36 pm

Don't have VH1 Classic and don't really care...

I'm more into Debbie Gibson, new wave, hair bands, and other artists... Which I would love to watch again on VH1 Classic sometime (When I get Direct TV)  8)  :D

Michael Jackson's great, though most of his videos are on DVD...still waiting for the DVD music video collection for Huey Lewis & The News, Bon Jovi, Debbie Gibson, etc.

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/16/05 at 3:30 pm

In the '80's, he wuz the King of Pop  8) Whether you liked him or not, he had tons of hits & great videos!!!
Um...Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Bad....a few more...hardly TONS  :D Van Halen/Hagar had more hits in the 80's as did many other artists. He can HAVE the king of POP moniker...I'm into Rock music and fortunately the stations I listened to didn't play the flit boy :P

Written By: banglebabe on 05/18/05 at 12:20 pm

I don't like him anymore and think he's a total freak. But that's MY opinion and other's should be allowed to have their own as well. The man hasn't even been found guilty at this point, and even if so... there will still be people who will want to listen to his songs. He obviously still has many fans around the world. Lord knows I've seen them screaming and fainting at his recent trial. VH1 shouldn't impose their opinions on other people this way. If the majority doesn't want to hear his songs, well then they'll know that in time. However, for VH1 classic, you can call and request songs and if people are doing so, then they SHOULD play his video's. I mean, I can always just switch the channel for 4 minutes, you know?

VH1 and MTV are owned by the same people right? Because MTV has been doing this kind of stuff forever. DECIDING what we "want" to see instead of listening to us.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/05 at 12:23 pm

I am sure I saw Beat It on VH1 the other day.

Check for new replies or respond here...