inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Worst Thing You wore In The 80s???

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/16/05 at 4:15 pm

For me, it was spandex tights. I didin't have the leanest pair of legs and I lived in the horrible things -shiny ones too! My parents  -who live out of state -still have a pic of me, all dressed for my 1st rock concert. I was wearing white spandex tights, a big black sweatshirt with padded shoulders and a sparkly silver hiroglyphics print, with a belt.  Typical of the Tasmanian climate, that day turned out to be hot and most of the girls were in nothing but bathing suits and fluro zinc cream. Didn't I look like the proverbial pig in a spandex blanket! :-[
What about the rest of you? What was your most embarrasing 80s outfit or item of clothing? Please post pictures if you have them! I will endeavour to get hold of a pic of the above monstrosity. ;D

Subject: Re: The Worst Thing You wore In The 80s???

Written By: whitewolf on 05/16/05 at 9:24 pm

the worst clothing I remember from the 80s that I actually wore was the florescent t-shirts

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/17/05 at 6:22 am

the worst clothing I remember from the 80s that I actually wore was the florescent t-shirts

I saw some fluro tank tops in a reasonably fashionable shop today! :D

Written By: duranchick on 05/17/05 at 3:41 pm

Unfortunately, I have a picture of this - florescent sweatshirt (yellow) with all the jewerly to match, black stretch pants, florescent yellow lace socks and black jelly pumps - because high heels and stretch pants make such an attractive combination.  :-X

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/17/05 at 6:30 pm

I remember an interview with Belinda Carlyle, in which she was asked, "What makes you sick?" She replied:dark blue stretch jeans with white spike heels! Geez, it's enough to put anyone off their dinner! ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...