inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Battle of the '80's Pop Singers: Taylor Dayne vs. Jody Watley

Written By: woops on 05/16/05 at 8:10 pm

Both singers had great songs, though I select Taylor Dayne.  8) Though both still look great.

Subject: Re: Battle of the '80's Pop Singers: Taylor Dayne vs. Jody Watley

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/17/05 at 6:58 pm

You and me for Taylor, woops....and apparently 3 others who decided to remain in hiding ::)

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/23/05 at 12:56 pm

Taylor Dayne..

I cant even think of a song that Jody Watley sang back then  ???

Written By: BCRichrocker on 05/23/05 at 2:25 pm

"Real love
I know I wanna have one
Real love
Gonna try and get some"

Can't forget that. But I would still go with Taylor as I liked her songs better.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 07/10/05 at 5:36 pm

JODY WATLEY gets my vote.

Written By: Paul on 07/10/05 at 5:43 pm

Jody Watley...who gets my vote not for her solo stuff, but for her sterling work in Shalamar...

Written By: Tanya1976 on 07/11/05 at 3:27 pm

I love both! But, I will go with Jody!

Tanya

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 07/11/05 at 6:30 pm

Both singers had great songs, though I select Taylor Dayne.  8) Though both still look great.

I can't vote because I love them both but having said that Taylor Dayne had a more stronger voice than Jody Watley. So I might just go back and vote actually. I just Taylor's "Prove Your Love". I find "Tell It To My Heart" very overrated, and I just Love Jody Watley's "Real Love" and "Don't You Want Me" from the 80's and "I'm The One You Need" and "When A Man Loves A Woman" from the 90's.

Written By: robby76 on 07/11/05 at 8:37 pm

Taylor Dayne for the 80's, but if we move into the 90's then Jody Watley takes over with her "Affairs of the Heart" album.

Written By: Kareoke Queen on 07/12/05 at 1:10 am

Taylor Dayne for the 80's, but if we move into the 90's then Jody Watley takes over with her "Affairs of the Heart" album.

Is that the same album which contains the single "I'm The One You Need"?

Written By: robby76 on 07/12/05 at 1:26 am

Yes it's that album - great song as are most of them on the album.

Written By: tv on 07/17/05 at 1:44 am

I like Taylor better. Since I live in Jersey and she's a Long Island Girl I automatically give the nod to Taylor. I;ll admit my bias. Who could forget "Don't Rush Me, I'll Always Love You, Tell It To My Heart and Prove Your Love? Taylor Dayne was the hottest singer of 1988 with the exception of George Michael and Bobby Brown. Taylor Dayne's real name is Lesile Wonderman I think. She was also in 2 rock bands before launching her Pop/R&B solo career. I also heard on the radio night last that Dee Snider(the guy in the 80's hair band Twisted Sister) gave her the name Taylor Dayne. I like the name Taylor Dayne better than Lesile Wonderman anyway. She looks good for her age and has aged gracefully I have to say. I am 25. Lets see she was 22 in 87. So she is 40 now. Taylor also had hits in 93 with a cover of Barry White's 70's hit "Can't Get Enough Of Yor Love" which was a great cover song. I pump Taylor's version up in my car when I hear it on MIX 102.7." Send Me a Lover" was another hit song for Taylor in 93. "Love Will Lead You Back" was a hit in 1990.

Jody is no slouch either. She looked great back in the day. Real Love, Looking For A New Love, Friends(Featuring rapper Rakim), Don't You Want Me and You Are My Everything are great Pop/R&B songs of the late 80's.

Written By: 90s boy on 07/17/05 at 9:31 am

show a picture and i can judge for u heh  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...