inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: band names unknown

Written By: Liria on 05/17/05 at 9:35 pm

I am looking for the name of two bands.  The first sang a song who's chorus was life is life.  I believe they were either british or scottish.  The second band the chorus was run run away and the video took place in a medieval castle with a big concert at night.  I would appreciate any help

Subject: Re: band names unknown

Written By: nally on 05/17/05 at 9:55 pm

The second band the chorus was run run away and the video took place in a medieval castle with a big concert at night.  I would appreciate any help

I know next to nothing about videos from that era, but I do know that a band called Slade had a hit song called "Run Runaway"...could that be the second band you're looking for?

Written By: cagesundercage on 05/17/05 at 10:00 pm

the first band youre looking for is Opus.

xo.

Written By: migi on 05/18/05 at 1:40 am

Yes, First one is obvisously Opus and I think it was a German band.

Written By: Phaeded on 05/18/05 at 3:18 pm

Actually it is not obvious that the first band you are thinking of is Opus; It very well could have been the Yugoslavian band Laibach:

"Wax Trax! in America and Mute in the U.K. gave 1987's 'Opus Dei' Laibach's first widely available release. Included were bizarre thumping cover versions of Queen's "One Vision" and one-hit wonder Opus' "Life Is Life," and videos of both were shown on MTV. A worldwide tour followed, and Laibach was invited by John Peel to do a Peel Session and Michael Clark commissioned the group to provide music for his dance company. The idea of covering pop music in Wagnerian style was expanded on 1988's Sympathy for the Devil EP, which included multiple versions of the Rolling Stones' classic, and Let It Be, which reproduced the whole of the Beatles' album, minus the title track. Let It Be included a version of "Across the Universe," sung by fellow NSK members Germania, whose ethereal female vocals would show up on many later releases. Another world tour followed, and a bootleg video of a Dallas, TX, concert showed up on the short-lived Videophile label. The group's success caused various early recordings to be reissued, and 1990 saw Laibach return to more orchestral work with its soundtrack to a NSK production of Macbeth."

Check for new replies or respond here...