inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help! Can't find mp3 and going mad

Written By: Rob on 05/18/05 at 1:40 pm

I'm lookiing for a mp3 of the song Moonlight On Water by Kevin Raleigh and I can't find one anywhere! I've tried all the file-sharing services which are usually pretty good at turning up hard to find 80's songs.

Can anyone out there help? I'd much appreciate it.

Subject: Re: Help! Can't find mp3 and going mad

Written By: Atari on 05/19/05 at 11:48 am

I'm lookiing for a mp3 of the song Moonlight On Water by Kevin Raleigh and I can't find one anywhere! I've tried all the file-sharing services which are usually pretty good at turning up hard to find 80's songs.

Check your email :)

Written By: Joe on 08/16/05 at 10:46 pm

Were you able to track this MP3 down? If so, could you possibly send it to me? I've been going a little mad over this myself.

Any help is much appreciated!

Written By: Schillingfan on 08/17/05 at 1:26 am

Couldn't find it, I did get some results but it was by Laura Branigan only. I have the same problem as you when it comes to me finding certain songs by Peter Schilling. I have 3 music downloading services and all of them did have his German song "120 Grad" (1984) at one time and everytime I tried to download it, it would quit on me halfway through downloading and I would only get to hear 1 minute and whatever seconds of the song because of how far it got! I tried to download one of his early German songs called "Lied An Dich" (under his real name, Pierre Schilling) and it's STILL on my BearShare downloads list because the source was Shareaza (I have that downloaded) and Shareaza didn't download it and because I need to do a Peter Schilling mp3's search again to see if that song appears on the search w/ the many Major Tom mp3's and all his other songs (German and English) on BearShare!

Written By: OliverDK on 08/17/05 at 10:16 am

I checked for the song on www.WinMX.com but the only one I could find was by Laura Branigan.

Written By: Atari on 08/17/05 at 11:28 am

Were you able to track this MP3 down? If so, could you possibly send it to me? I've been going a little mad over this myself.

Any help is much appreciated!

He got it from me. You can grab it at http://atari.vg-network.com/temp/Kevin_Raleigh_Moonlight_On_Water.zip

Hopefully you know how to work with zip archives :)

And the rest of you... go to http://www.slsknet.org and download Soulseek. All other filesharing services PALE compared to Soulseek. I have found much of the rare/uncommon stuff that I've been looking for on Soulseek. Just make sure you share some of your music or you'll risk being banned by any users that you download from that will check if you're sharing or not.

Written By: Cafe80s on 08/17/05 at 12:02 pm

I used to use Soulseek but i deleted it because it was crap. The downloads would hardly ever start. In the 6 months or so that i had it i was only ever able to download 1 or 2 songs. It was way too frustrating ineffective.
I use Bearshare now. Managed to find songs from the Shocker soundtrack by virtually unknown artists & they are ultra ultra rare. Couldn't find them on Soulseek at all.
If you have a huge hard drive & plenty of stuff to share though try DC++ There are so many hubs to try & you can find just about anything you want provided you look in the appropriate hub, but beware you'll get kicked out of some hubs on DC++ if you aren't sharing enough files. 

Written By: Atari on 08/17/05 at 12:36 pm

I used to use Soulseek but i deleted it because it was crap. The downloads would hardly ever start. In the 6 months or so that i had it i was only ever able to download 1 or 2 songs. It was way too frustrating ineffective.
I use Bearshare now. Managed to find songs from the Shocker soundtrack by virtually unknown artists & they are ultra ultra rare. Couldn't find them on Soulseek at all.
If you have a huge hard drive & plenty of stuff to share though try DC++ There are so many hubs to try & you can find just about anything you want provided you look in the appropriate hub, but beware you'll get kicked out of some hubs on DC++ if you aren't sharing enough files. 

Yeah... I suppose your millage will vary regardless of what you use. I had bad luck with DC++, but excellent luck with Soulseek. My "pales" comment was a bit off base in hindsight.

I guess try them all, and use what works for you.

Check for new replies or respond here...