inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Wedding Singer" Question:

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/20/05 at 5:06 am

During the disasterous wedding scene in the movie, "The Wedding Singer" (Robbie and Linda's wedding, where she doesn't show) there is some music, apparently played by a string quartet. Does anyone know the name of the tune being played?

Subject: Re: "Wedding Singer" Question:

Written By: iluvthe80s on 05/20/05 at 7:26 am

I think it was his take on the J Geils Band song, 'Love Stinks'

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/20/05 at 7:53 am

Thanks,but  it's definitely not that one. That's in a later scene. The toon I'm wanting to know about is not sung, just instrumental.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/20/05 at 9:20 am

It's "Don't Stop Believin" from Journey (I call it the "Streetlights" song!).

The first time I saw that, I was thinkin' to myself, That sounds really familiar but I can't place it! Yet I eventually put it together just because I like that song and I've heard it so many times that the rhythm was so familiar. ;)

Thought it was a nice little addition - I'm one of those people that likes musical crossovers, experiments, etc.

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 05/20/05 at 4:04 pm

It's "Don't Stop Believin" from Journey (I call it the "Streetlights" song!).

The first time I saw that, I was thinkin' to myself, That sounds really familiar but I can't place it! Yet I eventually put it together just because I like that song and I've heard it so many times that the rhythm was so familiar. ;)

Thought it was a nice little addition - I'm one of those people that likes musical crossovers, experiments, etc.

hye i love that song

Check for new replies or respond here...