inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Anyone recall Elvira's Halloween Top 20 on VH1?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/25/05 at 10:25 pm

Anyway, for Halloween one of those years, they had Elvira (aka: Mistress of the Dark) host this countdown with 21 scary videos for (mostly) scary songs up till that time - interspersed with dialogue or extra bits from her, or horror movie clips. :)

I taped part of it at the time, but accidentally threw some videotapes out a few years back (it wasn't very good quality anyway :(), and I just wondered if anyone else was watching at the time.

I was about 10, so luckily I still remember alot of the videos - some included:

"Doin' it all for my Baby" Huey Lewis
"Torture" The Jacksons
"Somebody's Watching me" Rockwell
"Bark at the Moon" Ozzy
"Everlasting Love" Howard Jones

Subject: Re: Anyone recall Elvira's Halloween Top 20 on VH1?

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/30/05 at 5:06 pm

Yeah, I remember that show. And believe me, I didn't cry when it was cancelled. LMAO!!

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/31/05 at 12:35 am

Yeah, I remember that show. And believe me, I didn't cry when it was cancelled. LMAO!!

Ah, you seriously didn't like it, LOL? ;)

Well I guess it was a bit campy, but still I'd give anything to see (and tape) it again. Even 5 years later, I missed it, let alone now.

I'm still working on my time machine, but 'till then, all I can do is try to remember. ;D

Written By: Mike on 10/24/11 at 6:37 pm

You can watch clips of that special at http://rarehalloweenvideos.blogspot.com/2011/10/1991-vh1-top-21-video-countdown-with.html

Check for new replies or respond here...