inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Artist Now Known as Prince vs. The Alleged Child Molester

Written By: supercute on 05/26/05 at 12:14 pm

One is a versatile musical genius who is known for his "nasty" lyrics & dancing in heels in the 80s, winning an Oscar for Best Song in 1984, changing his name to an unpronounceable symbol in the 90s, spawned the highest selling tour for 2004 (a feat that many older musicians can't achieve, not just 80s musicians either folks).

http://www.princefams.com/gallery/albums/1995/thumb_GTOURBOOK6.jpg

The other is a dancing machine from birth, made the most popular music video of all time, has a younger, less controversial sister, the reportedly largest selling album of the 80s up to recent yrs, married the King's daughter, & is called the King of Pop.

http://www.histar.com/.../ 11/images/michael_jackson.jpg
Of the 2, which do you prefer? Be honest...

Me, well, as some of you may have already figured: I'm an avid Prince fan...beginning from the mainstream funk to the obscure undergroundness.

PS-Couldn't find any decent enough MJ pics that would actually work, sorry folks!

Subject: Re: The Artist Now Known as Prince vs. The Alleged Child Molester

Written By: Jennifer028 on 05/26/05 at 12:44 pm

Michael Jackson

Written By: Zebra on 05/26/05 at 3:29 pm

Uhhh.... I got 1 MJ - Album (Thriller) and 4 Prince.... so i have to say Prince!

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/26/05 at 4:57 pm

Prince, atleast he's somewhat normal  :D

Written By: supercute on 05/26/05 at 5:10 pm

Prince, atleast he's somewhat normal  :D

We can't say the same for Mike now can we?

Written By: RockandRollFan on 05/26/05 at 8:12 pm

I really enjoyed "Rock With You" from Michaels 1979 Off The Wall LP as well as "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" from '82's Thriller....hiring Eddie Van Halen to play the solo was actually something smart that he did. As for Prince....I like "Little Red Corvette" the best...and a few others as well. They are BOTH freaky but I gotta go with Prince for his funk flavored stuff in the early days. Being a true fan of REAL Rock and Roll Music though, I would rather switch both off and listen to Van Halen, Def Leppard, Zeppelin, ect. anyday. BOTH were overplayed to DEATH and I grew sick of them both very fast :P

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/26/05 at 11:35 pm

Prince!

Tanya

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/27/05 at 6:40 am

Prince

Check for new replies or respond here...