inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Eddie Money 80's song poll.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/27/05 at 12:47 am

I became a fan in 1986/87 after hearing "Take me Home Tonight" - what an anthem, no matter how many times I hear it, I'll never get sick of it! :)

Over the next several years, I got familiar with some of his other hits (we had the 'Can't Hold Back' tape when I was a kid) - ranging from borderline hard rock songs like "Shakin" or "No Control" to softer, quasi ballads like "Love in Your Eyes", they were all great.

I've gotta also say, his entire 1983 album Where's the Party is SO underrated! Just got a used copy a couple years back -- perfect 80's bar band rock. "Big Crash" should've been a WAY bigger hit. Ironically, the title track became the only notable hit, yet I never cared for it.

Subject: Re: Eddie Money 80's song poll.

Written By: popmusik on 05/27/05 at 9:52 am

Did he have any other hits with airplay besides "Take Me Home Tonight?"

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/27/05 at 10:40 am

Did he have any other hits with airplay besides "Take Me Home Tonight?"

I'm sure alot more of them got airplay in the 80's but I rarely hear any others now - although the classic/hard rock stations like to play "Shakin" and "Think I'm in Love" on occasion.

Written By: SAMSDAD0628 on 05/27/05 at 10:46 am

I wasn't a fan until Take Me Home Tonight hit but I discovered his old hits then like 2 tickets to paradise. It's amazing what music can do any song from those years takes me right back to whatever I was doing.

Written By: nally on 05/27/05 at 10:59 am

"Take Me Home Tonight" 8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/27/05 at 11:51 am

Take Me Home Tonight. I also like Two Tickets to Paradise and I Think I'm in Love.

Cat

Written By: zcrito on 05/27/05 at 4:21 pm

With songs like "Baby Hold On" and "Two Tickets to Paradise" Eddie Money was one of THE non-disco-only artists of the late '70s (along with others like Billy Joel and Gerry Rafferty).

I don't think his '80s stuff was as good but I do remember that obscure "Runnin' Away" from 1983, that I like.

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/27/05 at 6:38 pm

I'm surprised no one picked 'I wanna go back'. Its about wanting to go back to the past and relive it, but he knows`he cant. Its`a`pop song, but kinda sad. I think its his best song.

Written By: Tanya1976 on 05/28/05 at 8:31 am

Take me Home Tonight got my vote. However, I like "Ticket to Paradise" more.

Tanya

Written By: DJ_Roxy on 05/30/05 at 4:21 pm

LOL! Where's One Chance!!?!?! His version is great though he does mess up the lyrics :)

*is a proud supporter DJ of Stan Meissner's wonderful writing hence why I chose One Chance*

Otherwise I would have said Two Tickets to Paradise but isn't that 1978?

Written By: JohnTaylorsHeart on 05/31/05 at 6:15 am

Take me Home Tonight
I Wanna Go Back
Baby Hold on

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/31/05 at 7:36 am

LOL! Where's One Chance!!?!?! His version is great though he does mess up the lyrics :)

*is a proud supporter DJ of Stan Meissner's wonderful writing hence why I chose One Chance*

I forgot about that one, but it's cool - a bit of a departure and kind of a 'darker' pop sound.

I used to not listen to it much since I was more into the commercial songs (it comes right inbetween the medium ballad "Endless Nights" and the hard rocker "We Should be Sleeping") but I really enjoy "rediscovering" songs later on. :)

Written By: whistledog on 12/02/05 at 11:30 pm

I liked Think I'm in Love the best.  I also liked I Wanna Go Back, but I prefer the 1984 version by Billy Satellite, which was not a big hit, but still a hit :)

Subject: Eddie Money 80's song poll.

Written By: Dude111 on 02/20/18 at 6:28 am

THE LOVE IN YOUR EYES!! (One of my favourites)

Written By: Howard on 02/20/18 at 7:24 am

Take Me Home Tonight

Check for new replies or respond here...