inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Stars On 45 80s disco medley.

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/27/05 at 8:57 am

On stars on 45's 80s disco medley, there are  three songs I need help with.

here goes, the first one has the lyrics that go: "Dancing in my sleep, when i close my eyes i see you every time" and the other, i hope sounds right, is "Be mine tonight" and "you know i've been so lonely, every night since you went away."

I would like to know what these songs are.

Subject: Re: Stars On 45 80s disco medley.

Written By: zcrito on 05/29/05 at 12:36 am

Gee, there were more of those things than I remember

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=aF8CS4YBpp&EAN=8712944661996&ITM=2

All I seem to remember are the ones with The Beatles music.

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 1:09 am

here goes, the first one has the lyrics that go: "Dancing in my sleep, when i close my eyes i see you every time" and the other, i hope sounds right, is "Be mine tonight" and "you know i've been so lonely, every night since you went away."

Darn it! I feel like I should know this one, as Stars on 45 is Dutch and I am Dutch... :(
But the songs you mention don't ring a bell, so IMO there are four possibilities:

1. You got the title wrong
2. You got the title right, but the medley wasn't released in the Netherlands
3. You got the title right, but it had a different title in the Netherlands
4. You got everything right, but the medely differs from the one that was released in the Netherlands (which is a strong possibility)

So, in order to be able to answer your question, I would like to know what OTHER songs are used in the medley. Thanks in advance. ;)

Written By: Liz on 08/03/07 at 6:30 pm

Were you able to find out the artist of the song "dancing in my sleep"?

Written By: badmitten on 08/05/07 at 9:20 pm

I own the vinyl album of that, (called Stars On Long Play.)  I'll try to locate it, then I'll get back to you.

Written By: Midas on vacation on 08/07/07 at 10:07 am

The first one is "Dancin' In My Sleep" By Secret Ties.  Don't know the others off hand.  Hope this helps.

Written By: DeeDee on 10/29/07 at 10:15 pm

"Be mine tonight" - Promise Circle.  True, i searched on the web first, found the lyric and downloaded it for sure.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/07 at 11:15 pm

Bra Size 45
;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/29/07 at 11:34 pm

Bra Size 45 ;)

Wow.  Would you believe that Ivor Biggun is still making music?  According to his discography, there were two versions of Bras on 45. 

The version we've all heard was the "just-about-broadcastable 'Family' version", and yes, there was apparently a filthier ("Dirty Gertie") version.

You can get the "just-about-broadcastable" MP3 version from the bottom of this page:  Bras on 45.

Written By: vincent on 01/16/08 at 3:29 pm

call norwalk records ask for vince
we have these on cd

Check for new replies or respond here...