inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does anyone like Taylor Dane?

Written By: SpaceHog on 05/27/05 at 9:18 am

is she a one hit wonder, and do any of you guys like her music?

Subject: Re: Does anyone like Taylor Dane?

Written By: supercute on 05/27/05 at 10:03 am

I liked "Love Will Lead You Back". Nice song.

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/27/05 at 10:37 am

I think there's another thread (but I forget if it's in the 80's or 90's section)

Although she's most known (it seems) for the late 80's dance song "Tell it to My Heart", I way prefer her 1989/90 follow-up album 'Can't Fight Fate' - I remember watching alot of the videos for the singles as a kid.

"With Every Beat of my Heart" is even catchier of a pop hit, "Heart of Stone" is a cool, mid-paced ballad, and the title song rocks pretty hard for this type of an album. "Love Will Lead you Back" is a pretty ballad that I'll never get tired of (it's the only song from here the radio still plays).

Written By: racer on 05/27/05 at 10:39 am

Dude, Taylor Dayne is no one-hit wonder. Why must everyone who hasn't had a hit single in years have to be considered a "one-hit wonder"? She had a string of hits between '87-'93. Taylor Dayne kicks a**!    8)

My personal favorites are "I'll Be Your Shelter" and "Send Me A Lover".

Written By: Zebra on 05/27/05 at 11:03 am

Yes Taylor Dane was really good 80s Music. Now i wonder that she isn't covered till today, or is she? Does anybody know a new version from "tell it to my heart"?

Written By: Marty McFly on 05/27/05 at 11:40 am

^ Now that you bring it up, I've never known of anyone to cover her songs (although SHE had a very minor hit in like 1993, with Barry White's "Can't Get Enough of Your Love").

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/27/05 at 5:40 pm

Taylor Dayne still has it goin' on!!!  8)  :-*  ;)  :)

Besides "Tell It To My Heart", she  had  "Don't Rush Me", "Prove Your Love", & "Love Will Lead You Back". 

Written By: Zebra on 05/28/05 at 2:21 pm

Maybe a musician is reading this thread and next year in summer the "Tell it to my heart 2006" is in the charts. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...