inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: So your stranded on an island...

Written By: hideej18 on 05/27/05 at 6:09 pm

and you can only bring one cd, one book and one person...and pretend it's still the 80s.  What would you make sure you had???

I personally would probably take my Tiffany tape (!!!!), "Are you There God, It's Me Margaret", and either Punky Brewster or DJ Tanner (Candace Cameron) from Full House. 

Subject: Re: So your stranded on an island...

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/27/05 at 6:45 pm

I would take AFD by GUNS N~ROSES. The`book would be Nightshift by Stephen`King. And I`would take the`girl I liked`in 8th`grade so i could live out my`fantasies.

Written By: KRQPMV21JS on 05/27/05 at 7:50 pm

...i would read, The Godfather.....then i owuld listen to 1984's Top Chart Hits....and i would bring Madonna!!!

Written By: Woops (Unlogged) on 05/27/05 at 9:21 pm

Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet", "Flowers In The Attic", and Debbie Gibson  (around 18/19)

Written By: NullandVoid on 05/28/05 at 1:46 pm

Nice Question!

CD: Thriller by MJ

Book: Blubber by Judy Blume

Person: My mother

Written By: Zebra on 05/28/05 at 2:25 pm

CD: Welcome to the pleasuredome - Frankie goes to hollywood
Book: Charles Berlitz - The Philadelphia-Experiment
Person: My best friend from the 80s

Written By: Doc Brown on 05/28/05 at 4:04 pm

Jeez, usually they let you bring 3 discs/books

Disc: The Miami Vice Soundtrack(Jan, Glenn, Phil, Tina...)
Book: Tom Clancy 3-pack (Hunt For Red October/Patriot Games/Clear And Present Danger)
Person: Elle MacPherson (hope she wouldn't mind that in 1989 I was only 15.)

Hey, the late 80's was still the 80's!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: 80smuzikhead on 05/28/05 at 8:52 pm

CD:Um ah, that's a hard one, but I'd have to say Culture Club, Time (The First Four Years)
Book:All my favourites came out after the 80s! Maybe Chopper Reed's book.
Person: My partner -but then it's the 80s and we hadn't met yet! So how the hell am I supposed to choose between Boy Geroge, Brian Mannix and Madonna?
Boy George would be awsome company and we could talk and laugh away the hours. Being stranded on a desert island, however, I'd get pretty randy. So I'd want to have sex and Madonna immediately comes to mind, though she's supposed to be a b*tch, so I'd probably get sick of her. Brian Mannix would be great for laughs and I imagine for......um, you know, that. And it's still the 80s, so he'd be even more irresistable. Then again, he's a man and in the long run..... :-\\  DOD GAMMIT, I CAN'T DECIDE!

Check for new replies or respond here...