inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Breakfast club reunion

Written By: banglebabe on 05/28/05 at 7:27 pm

This has probably done been posted here somewhere because I'm always last with the news. But just in case...

From Yahoo.com

NEW YORK - Don't you forget about "The Breakfast Club." At the 2005 MTV Movie Awards, to air June 9, the network plans to reunite the cast of the classic '80s movie, the cable channel said Friday.

Though Emilio Estevez, who played Andrew Clark, isn't confirmed, in attendance will be Molly Ringwald (Claire Standish), Ally Sheedy (Allison Reynolds), Anthony Michael Hall (Brian Johnson) and Judd Nelson (John Bender).

The 1985 film was directed by John Hughes, who had a string of hit films starring young people during the decade, among them "Sixteen Candles," "Weird Science," "Pretty in Pink" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

Yellowcard will perform the film's theme song, "Don't You Forget About Me," from the 1985 film. The song was originally recorded by Simple Minds.

This year's awards will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon. To be taped June 4 at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, the show's scheduled performers include Mariah Carey, Eminem and Nine Inch Nails.

Subject: Re: Breakfast club reunion

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/28/05 at 7:50 pm

I'm suprised that MTV is doing this, the same network that neglets everything & everybody from the '80's, when MTV was "MUSIC Television", not "MORONIC Television".

Written By: Maddie's The Boss on 05/28/05 at 7:52 pm

Oh, I forgot:

I'd check it.

BTW, Nine Inch Nails cancelled their appearance due to something they didn't agree on with the networks.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/28/05 at 8:27 pm

I'm suprised that MTV is doing this, the same network that neglets everything & everybody from the '80's, when MTV was "MUSIC Television", not "MORONIC Television".

It is kind of ironic....  ::)

Written By: woops on 05/29/05 at 12:32 am

Yellowcard?

Why not Simple Minds themselves, if they're still around...

Written By: _adam_ on 05/29/05 at 12:39 pm

I would like "Breakfast Club" Reunion on Oscar`s ceremony than Mtv movie awards

Written By: Carrie on 05/29/05 at 1:40 pm

The MTV Movie Awards used to be really funny... now it seems like it is aimed at 15 year old girls. I don't know... I wonder if I could sit through it to see the reunion of the Breakfast Club cast... ;)

Written By: pita on 05/31/05 at 9:20 am

;D this is great I hope its good. I think all kids should see this movie. But than again who am I. have a great day!!!!!!!!!

Written By: ferrisb on 06/01/05 at 12:24 pm

Yellowcard?

Yeah why not..that'll make it more complete

Written By: Chris MegatronTHX on 06/01/05 at 2:04 pm

The MTV Movie Awards used to be really funny... now it seems like it is aimed at 15 year old girls. I don't know... I wonder if I could sit through it to see the reunion of the Breakfast Club cast... ;)

Let's be fair though, MTV was always aimed at teenagers, even back in the 80s.  That's the problem with MTV, it is such a Peter Pan network.  If you're over 21, you're too old. 

Written By: Carrie on 06/02/05 at 3:26 am

Let's be fair though, MTV was always aimed at teenagers, even back in the 80s.  That's the problem with MTV, it is such a Peter Pan network.  If you're over 21, you're too old.   
That is true, but it was never has obnoxious as it is now. They "dumbed it down" quite a bit.

Written By: iluvthe80s on 06/02/05 at 7:20 am

In recent years, I've come to think of MTV as the Carson Daly network, since most of the promotion revolves around him and the show TRL - of course, I haven't watched MTV lately so maybe things are different.

Written By: paola on 06/02/05 at 7:30 am

Yellowcard?

yessssss they are still around.. soon the new album and tour....
i saw them lot of times during the last years.. this is my site:
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/thepaola/
Paola

Written By: dawn on 06/09/05 at 3:16 am

Estevez was a no-show.  Nelson left early.  It's gonna be a bummer!

Check for new replies or respond here...