inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Help with 80s video!

Written By: AVJ on 05/29/05 at 2:37 am

Greetings and sorry in advance about my average English.

I'd appreciate very much to get some help on identifying the artist and song of what I'd swear it's an 80s videoclip. All I can remember is that there was kind of a storyline based on two kids (round 10 years old? boy and girl). The boy wears huge glasses, not particullary attractive; on the contrary the blonde girl looks much nicer in comparison.

They probably meet and get close friends during a summer holiday but they split after summer ends, and at the ending of the video they accidentally meet again some years later at what I remember as a dance floor or something similar. The guy looks almost identical with his huge glasses, and the girl is now a very attractive woman.

Actually I'd swear the guy looked very much like the Housemartins' lead guitar player, hehe.
Many thanks to all,
AVJ

Subject: Re: Help with 80s video!

Written By: FaultyDog on 05/29/05 at 7:44 am

It would be helpful if you'd give us a little bit more information, for example:

- solo-artist or band?
- was the video in colour or in black/white?
- what type of music?
- any idea as to what country the artist/s is/are from?

Storyline so far doesn't ring a bell, but maybe the answers to the above questions will get us any further.

Thanks in advance.

Written By: AVJ on 05/29/05 at 9:13 am

Hi again!

Thanks for the reply. I really would not want to give other possible clues that happen to be wrong (completely wrong actually). But I don't know why I have the feeling that the music that sounded on that video may be kind of "Beach Boys style". Other than that, the video was in colour.

I wish my memory was in better shape.
Thanks and let's see if someone else sees the light.
AVJ

Written By: dtradio on 05/29/05 at 3:13 pm

Sounds a lot like The Beach Boys' "Getcha' Back" which follows that storyline.  The song is from mid-80s.

Written By: KROQ_80s_Fan on 06/01/05 at 3:22 am

Don't know the video, but the storyline sounds similar to Thomas Dolby's "Europa and the Pirate Twins."

Check for new replies or respond here...