inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brain Games and Encyclopedia on HBO

Written By: rcaselle on 05/30/05 at 7:23 pm

Does anyone remember the show Brain Games or Encyclopedia on HBO?  I have been looking all over the internet for it and have found nothing.  I would love to know if they have ever released it on collection of DVD or VHS.  Can anyone help me?  Does a big egg that cracks open at the end...

"Brain Games is...now..(Sniff!) over!

Subject: Re: Brain Games and Encyclopedia on HBO

Written By: TC on 06/07/05 at 3:39 pm

That show was excellent. I miss it. I'd love to pick it up on DVD as well.

Written By: Tatiana Kieft on 06/11/05 at 11:33 am

I watched Encyclopedia on HBO as a kid.  I loved it.  Now that I have kids of my own I would love to get the DVD.  I would also be interested in information if anyone finds some.

Written By: Kindintentions on 06/13/05 at 11:13 am

Brain Games was an excellent show on HBO back in the 80s  too bad it didnt' last longer.  If anyone finds out more about how to get copies of the old brain games show let us all know. 

:D

Written By: pell on 06/16/05 at 2:26 am

I'm glad somebody remembers this. I asked the same question here a few years ago, but not too many people, if any, remembered. If you come across a fan site or something, please post. :) It would be fun to see it again.

Written By: popmusik on 06/16/05 at 5:45 pm

Wow.  I forgot all about "Brain Games."  I remembered Encyclopedia.  It was great.  A fun way to learn stuff.

Written By: Chandra on 01/05/06 at 11:49 am

Did anyone ever discover if either Brain Games or Encyclopedia are available for purchase?? I saw Encyclopedia as repeats on one of the Children's channels (maybe Noggin??) for awhile  a few years ago, but had no way of recording them at the time. I would LOVE to have both of those for me and my soon to be kids to watch - they were VERY well done and quite enjoyable while being educational too! Maybe if we all write to HBO and ask we could convince them to release them!  After all, it'd make them money!!! :)

Written By: MLB on 01/05/06 at 2:33 pm

I loved encyclopedia.  I loved BETTY, the band they used to sing about the words that were hard to explain. they were cool. And still are whereever they are.

Written By: pell on 07/31/22 at 7:30 pm

I just thought about Brain Games today and found it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OVCdHuYP4Y

Check for new replies or respond here...