inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Google
  Web inthe00s.com

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's former stars..where now? Chris Makepeace-Lance Kerwin

Written By: saver on 06/04/05 at 11:08 pm

This may have come up before but maybe our Canadian friends had a sighting??
What ever became of Chris Makepeace after his most recent movie run?

As well as an 80's favorite Lance Kerwin?
Okay, last on Lance, was teaching at a Bible and drug cleanout place..no interest in the entertainment biz anymore?

Chris must be in that group of 'went back to Canada actors' as did Corey H.?? Hope he/you avoided the drug scene....

And if they're reading: Miss your work..so promising!

Saver

Subject: Re: 80's former stars..where now? Chris Makepeace-Lance Kerwin

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/05/05 at 2:18 am

who's Chris Makepeace? That name sounds so familiar but I cant think of what he was in.

Written By: saver on 06/05/05 at 2:28 am

Chris was in Meatballs (#?) and  My Bodyguard in the 80's some stuff early 2000 I think that is why we search?????? :-\\

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/05/05 at 7:36 am

Oh yeah, I remember him!! He was also in 'Next of Kin' with Patrick Swayze. No need to be a smart ass about the search thing. You should have gave a brief description about the actors you were inquiring about. And according to your own logic, you should have never started this thread. You could have easily done a "search" and found all the answers to your questions.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/05 at 2:13 pm

According to the IMDB

Lance Kerwin:
June 2000 - Lives on the LA drug and alcohol ranch called U-Turn For Christ with his 6 year old daughter, Savanah, and recently embarked on a missionary trip to Indonesia and The Phillipines. Kerwin says he started smoking pot before age 10 and did crack in his 20s. He only became clean & sober in the 90s through his new-found religious beliefs.

(May 2004) After many checkings in & out of rehabs, for drugs or alcohol problems during his teens and 20s, he is finally cleaned and sober. Most recently, he's a newly converted christian and as of May 2004 is an indoctrined new Priest/Minister.

Chris Makepeace:

Last seen: Working regularly through the late 1980s, most notably in the 1986 vampire flick, Vamp; returning in 1996 to appear in the CBS TV-movie, A Holiday for Love, starring fellow former child star Melissa Gilbert.

According to Former Child Star Central
http://members.tripod.com/~former_child_star/index-kids3.html

Cat

Written By: saver on 06/05/05 at 4:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestions agor...but I found their last write ups as to dates(catwoman info)...the question was
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?  Maybe someone saw them or knew/knows them..1994 for Lance Kerwin was 10 years out of the news..

Chris as well....they seemed to have blended in somewhere..or with Lance being a minister now, must be helping people through his experience...who knows someone may have been helped by him and would mention it??  Lance was just fun to watch as I was growing up and thought Chris would've been around too.??

Fan sites are set for them but with the 'old'common info.

So, I leave the question out there...(there was some sites that people wrote in after seeing celebs and their encounters, so I thought that's what I'd hear back.)

Check for new replies or respond here...