inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's former stars..where now? Chris Makepeace-Lance Kerwin

Written By: saver on 06/04/05 at 11:08 pm

This may have come up before but maybe our Canadian friends had a sighting??
What ever became of Chris Makepeace after his most recent movie run?

As well as an 80's favorite Lance Kerwin?
Okay, last on Lance, was teaching at a Bible and drug cleanout place..no interest in the entertainment biz anymore?

Chris must be in that group of 'went back to Canada actors' as did Corey H.?? Hope he/you avoided the drug scene....

And if they're reading: Miss your work..so promising!

Saver

Subject: Re: 80's former stars..where now? Chris Makepeace-Lance Kerwin

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/05/05 at 2:18 am

who's Chris Makepeace? That name sounds so familiar but I cant think of what he was in.

Written By: saver on 06/05/05 at 2:28 am

Chris was in Meatballs (#?) and  My Bodyguard in the 80's some stuff early 2000 I think that is why we search?????? :-\\

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 06/05/05 at 7:36 am

Oh yeah, I remember him!! He was also in 'Next of Kin' with Patrick Swayze. No need to be a smart ass about the search thing. You should have gave a brief description about the actors you were inquiring about. And according to your own logic, you should have never started this thread. You could have easily done a "search" and found all the answers to your questions.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 06/05/05 at 2:13 pm

According to the IMDB

Lance Kerwin:
June 2000 - Lives on the LA drug and alcohol ranch called U-Turn For Christ with his 6 year old daughter, Savanah, and recently embarked on a missionary trip to Indonesia and The Phillipines. Kerwin says he started smoking pot before age 10 and did crack in his 20s. He only became clean & sober in the 90s through his new-found religious beliefs.

(May 2004) After many checkings in & out of rehabs, for drugs or alcohol problems during his teens and 20s, he is finally cleaned and sober. Most recently, he's a newly converted christian and as of May 2004 is an indoctrined new Priest/Minister.

Chris Makepeace:

Last seen: Working regularly through the late 1980s, most notably in the 1986 vampire flick, Vamp; returning in 1996 to appear in the CBS TV-movie, A Holiday for Love, starring fellow former child star Melissa Gilbert.

According to Former Child Star Central
http://members.tripod.com/~former_child_star/index-kids3.html

Cat

Written By: saver on 06/05/05 at 4:57 pm

Thanks for the suggestions agor...but I found their last write ups as to dates(catwoman info)...the question was
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?  Maybe someone saw them or knew/knows them..1994 for Lance Kerwin was 10 years out of the news..

Chris as well....they seemed to have blended in somewhere..or with Lance being a minister now, must be helping people through his experience...who knows someone may have been helped by him and would mention it??  Lance was just fun to watch as I was growing up and thought Chris would've been around too.??

Fan sites are set for them but with the 'old'common info.

So, I leave the question out there...(there was some sites that people wrote in after seeing celebs and their encounters, so I thought that's what I'd hear back.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/26/15 at 8:51 pm

UPDATE(from July 2010)

Former child TV star Lance Kerwin has been placed on five years probation after pleading guilty to a theft charge.

Kerwin, who played the title role in "James at 15" on NBC in the 1977-78 season, was given credit during last Thursday's sentencing for 90 days served and ordered to perform 300 hours of community service for the second-degree theft charge.

Kauai County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Lauren McDowell says the 49-year-old Kerwin was caught falsifying documents to obtain state medical assistance and food stamps.

Defense attorney Craig De Costa says when Kerwin applied for the benefits, he omitted in the application that he owned three properties on the mainland.

Kerwin, a pastor at Calvary Chapel in Kapaa and a U-Turn for Christ program leader, said he has already paid $21,822 in restitution.

"I'm sorry," Kerwin said before being sentenced. "The last thing I want to do is to make a statement to minimize what I have done."

Kerwin said his actions affected the community, his fellow church members and his children, and added he hoped his punishment can have a positive effect in his life.

His wife, Yvonne Kerwin, 28, requested a deferred acceptance of her guilty plea for second-degree theft and two counts of unsworn falsification to authorities. She left court with a record that will remain clean if she stays out of trouble with the law. She will also have to pay crime victim compensation fees and complete 300 hours of community service.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20100727/us-kerwin-sentence/

Written By: Howard on 02/27/15 at 2:32 pm

http://www.setcelebs.com/images/chris-makepeace-02.jpg
Chris Makepeace

A Canadian actor and now an assistant director.

Check for new replies or respond here...