inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Looking for an 80's toy!

Written By: aliceinwonderland on 06/09/05 at 1:17 am

;) Hey, im looking for a toy from the 80's similar to the Light Bright, but instead of putting in the coloured pegs, you just poked the holes and they would pop and a yellow light would appear in each one. does anyone know what its called?

the light brite looks like this

http://custom-computers.coastal-visions.com/z3bLargeIcon.jpg

any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

Subject: Re: Looking for an 80's toy!

Written By: Jeff on 06/10/05 at 12:05 am

OMG I'm not nuts!!  I thought I remembered having something like this when I was little...before I ever had a lightbrite.  Yes and this thing was battery oeprated too was it not?  I'll be da**ed to remember wahat i t was called...in fact as I grew older I began to think I was just mis-remembering and thinking of the light bright.  I wanna say it was called "liteboard" or something possibly like that?  BUt i clearly remmber it.  No "pegs", just a series of black holes that you'd push in to light them up, then there was a reset thing or osmething when you were done.  No paper sheets that you poked through or anything.  I'll keep checking back, I too would like to know what this was called, as well as that gar with the gas gauge on the bottom I had that I posted awhile back on here but no luck so far.

Written By: aliceinwonderland on 06/10/05 at 2:00 am

yay! :D someone else who knows what the hell im on about!! yep thats the exact thing im thinkin of, i have tried every single search word, or words that even relate to it but nothing!!
:\'(

Written By: Jeff on 06/10/05 at 6:56 pm

I think I found it..... "Picture Play Lite" - the smaller portable flat version of Lite Brite.  Although the pics I could find of that were of a "SMurfs" theme, it kinda looked like mine, but I can so vageuly remember this thing that I'd have to say that this is it based on the description of it.  Let me know.  Do a google search for "picture play lite" and hopefully u'll be able to find the same pic I did of it.  Let me know if that was it.  You probably wouldn't have any ideas on that car I was talking about would you?

Thanks,

Jeff

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/10/05 at 10:33 pm

Lite Bright was probally one of the coolest toys from the 80's!

Written By: Jeff on 06/18/05 at 4:10 pm

Well was that it??

Written By: TC1970 on 06/18/05 at 7:32 pm

Lite Bright was probally one of the coolest toys from the 80's!

Only thing was, once you used all the templates you could never create anything as cool on your own.  LOL

Written By: BCRichrocker on 06/19/05 at 1:50 am

I remember a girl I knew had a Lite Brite back in the 1970's. The cool thing is they still make them and I think you can even get one at your local Wal-Mart.

Written By: chel-bert on 06/21/05 at 2:03 am

I Loved my Light Brite!
Here's a great Lite brite link

http://www.x-entertainment.com/articles/0767/index.html

Whenever I get nostalgic I come here or visit that site. He has some reallu great pics of 80's toys!

Written By: Carrie on 06/21/05 at 2:44 am

I loved my Lite Brite too. I had it taken away from me for a week as punishment for not coming home right after school (and going to a friends house without calling) one day.  :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...